Rate this mythological creature: The Lich?

a type of undead creature. Often such a creature is the result of a transformation, as a powerful magician or king striving for eternal life uses spells or rituals to bind his intellect to his phylactery and thereby achieve a form of immortality. Liches are depicted as being clearly cadaverous, bodies desiccated or completely skeletal. Liches are often depicted as holding power over hordes of lesser undead creatures, using them as soldiers and servants.

Unlike zombies, which are often depicted as mindless, part of a hivemind or under the control of another, a lich retains revenant-like independent thought and is usually at least as intelligent as it was prior to its transformation. In some works of fiction, liches can be distinguished from other undead by their phylactery, an item of the lich's choosing into which they imbue their soul, giving them immortality until the phylactery is destroyed.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like them a lot
  • 3/5 meh theyre ok
  • 2/5 I don't really like them
  • 1/5 i hate them
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever
  • Wtf is a Lich?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh so the Litch King is actually based on a mythological creature? 😳 Learn something new every day 😂 If so then 5/5 cause he's one of my favourite characters ahah. 😛

Most Helpful Guy

• Alright so liches represent sonething that is common in classic western story telling. Especcially from a christian dominant worldview... magic is evil and of the devil. Therefore those who use magic are also evil... the lich is a paragon of this idea which is why they are often opposed by the noble knight, whose inner strength of character, faith in God, and trusty sword and shield (technology) are called upon to destroy the great evil powers of darkness and death.

What Girls Said 9

• Huh, in the show I watched the lich was just killed. Not a terrible guy, kind of manipulative though. 3/5.

• It's ugly :x I don't know what it is, it looks like those ugly flying skeletons in Skyrim

• Just Imagine if Jafar from Aladdin were undead and you have a Lich :P

• Well more like evil magician, but sure greedy too :P

• They give me nightmares! I usually ask my brother to play the missions in the catacombs because of them, they're so scary (aka 75% of the game)

• I think they're SO cool, and I loved the one in Adventure Time, even if I hated him too :3

• I don't really like them 😓 *hides under the blankets*

• 😳😖😫😱

• ugh, they're annoying to fight and collect in games. :(

• They're okay.

• not a big fan

• Wow. Now that's a creature!

What Guys Said 13

• 4/5, but that's because of the drawings and art as I thought this creature looks badass enough and not to be fucked with

• lol is that the Warcraft "Lich King" in the 3rd picture? xD

• Pain in the ass in Oblivion, I'm glad they didn't return in Skyrim.

Wonder what goes through someone's head deciding they're happy existing as a rotting corpse just to keep their (usually evil) intellect going.

• Lich is one of the coolest undead creatures, I say 5/5.

• Lich King for the win.

• 3/5 meh theyre ok

• they are cool

• The man behind the curtain in my campaign is an illithid lich...

• That bitch he killed Prismo!

bitch... litch...

... itch... witch... sandwich... twitch... ditch... hitch... mich... nitch... pitch... rich... sitch...

• not bad

• 5/5 , undead is the coolest race im0

• Stupid / 10

• I have been ignoring all these rate mythological creatures.

But liches?

Come on they're badass.