Which branch of the U. S Military is the best? And why?

So last year I went to Navy boot camp.
I got medicially discharged before completion.
And in a few months my issue should be solved and I should be able to return to the service.

I'm not 100% sure if I'd do Navy again or try a different branch if I decided to try and enlist again.

So opinions on best branch?

• Navy
  • Army
  • Marines
  • Air Force
  • Coast Guard
  • Other?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in the Navy but I don't think one is any better than the other. It depends on what type job you want to do and they each have different deployments. If you want to travel a lot the Navy and Marines visit more places than any other

• The Navy visits them. The Marines invade them. lol

Really, the Navy is a service that sails. They make many port visits while on deployment, so they are visiting all over. The Marines generally to where they are assigned, which often is to a war zone. The Air Force has many stations that you could be sent to that are not in a war zone, but the planes from there will often fly support for nearby war zones. In any case, the members of the Air Force are either the pilots flying all over hell, or the support people that stay in the one station.

Army is either in the states, or deployed to the fighting for the most part.

• I never was on the ships that carried the Marines (other than ship's security forces), but my understanding was that they did not make as many port visits. Also, the number of marines assigned to those ships was only a small fraction of total marines. The rest went to the battle areas for the most part.

• @Red_Arrow my ship was part of Amphibious squadron 7 and we deployed with a group of other Marine ships like LPD, LST etc. We went on a westpac for 6 months and went to Pearl Harbor twice, Philippines twice, Thailand, Singapore, Mombasa Kenya, S. Korea, Perth Australia, Guam, Okinawa and Diego Garcia

Most Helpful Girl

• Marines is not its own brand, it is a sub unit of navy

• Marines Corps is a department of the Navy. The men's department.

• @Fearless_banana That statement was made December 2015. As of this year EVERY military position is open to females (That is, as long as they can meet physical requirements).

• www.washingtontimes.com/.../?page=all
      This says not yet at least..

I was out in 2012. I heard something of it but I figured it would be something like allowing women out on high risk convoys with a motor t unit or something. I didn't think they were actually opening up the ranks of 03 to women. When I was in that would of never even occurred to anyone as possible.

What Guys Said 10

• They each serve different purposes and needs, so it depends on what you want. Also, what are your collateral interests? For instance, the Navy has been recognized as having the best electronics schools as well as other schools, so if education is what you are interested in, then Navy should certainly get your consideration.

Travel? The Navy is always traveling. I visited more countries than I can remember while sailing around the world. I have been places most people can only read about.

• I went to Navy boot camp.

So i know all about then for the most part. I just dont know if i wanna go back or try something else.

I'm not really specifically looking for something from the military other than new expirences. Which navy would be top one because all the travel

• Having been in the Navy and having known people in other branches... I say Either Navy or Marines. Depending on your Rate (job) maybe the Coast Guard. The Army, AirForce will station you in some pretty undesirable places in the US.

Also, i don't think the Marines treat their people very well. I don't know, just my impression.

• 0|1
  • I was Marine Corps.. you're making a mistake if you join any other branch. Navy would be my second choice. What kind of discharge did you receive.. If it was an RE3 then I'd be surprised to hear you can get back in. Waivers are rather tough to come by today. Had a perfect ASVAB with an RE3 and I still couldn't get back in..

• Army is the best, rangers and special forces are the most elite of any branch. But if you're interested in doing multiple branches (like resigning with a different branch) the marines are the way to go. If you do air force and then transfer to Army, navy or marines, you have to redo basic. The same is true if you do army or navy and transfer to the marines. Marines are the only ones that don't have to redo basic if you resign with another branch. (But I'm not sure about coast guard, I've heard, though I don't know for sure, that their basic is the hardest)

• I'm the only guy here who would proudly serve coast guard... But a Navy seal would be fun...

• Navy, then I could probably live in the most gorgeous city in the US, San Diego

• Isn't their job to kill people? Or is that just what the marines/air force does?

• I think very few of them are actually in any danger...

As opposed to me, who has broken my neck, back, lived on the street, and spent 4 years in prison...

I think most of them are PUSSIES!!!

• ever heard of Seal Team 6 ?

What Girls Said 4

• Marines, cause my husband is one. I would of joined if I could of but I have a screw in my ankle.

But really all the branches are good. they are all are different. Each branch has strong points an week points. At the end of the day each branch is critical.

• For women definitely Air Force or coast gaurd ( however in war your going first). My dad was in the army for almost 30 years, i had female friends in almost all branches. And it all comes down to air force, women have less medical claims from VA and they aren't medically discharged at such high rates comparing to army. that are from the air force it isn't as much as a toll.

• the marines are the best as to why I love how big their shoulders are

• I said army but my opinion is biased haha