Can I get sacked for this?

I'm 17 and work for a really good car dealership. Basically five 16 year old gives have been bullying my little sister so I stepped in on Facebook. They put a picture on together and I commented saying 'lovely girls' and 'such nice people' and they continued to comment saying things to me like 'you are pathetic' however each time I kept replying with a compliment I never once said anything malicious or nasty or horrible my comments were all nice like 'you are friendship goals' - can I get fired if my boss sees?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it has nothing to do with your boss as you're not doing anything illegal nor making bad publicity for the company.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think so. Unless your slagging off where you work or saying some racist shit I don't think the employer is going to give a shit. I highly highly doubt you'll ever hear about this but the absolute worst case scenario would be a warning or stern chat.

• No, even if you did slag your current company off as it is on a social forum the employer has to be very careful due to the fact that information technically is not authorised for full public viewing. US may be different but that is stance in UK.

• You're fine.

• I doubt it. I can see standing up for your sisiter but if you're worried about your job think of another way.

What Girls Said 4

• Not at all, I don't see why you would. I would just ignore it and tell them that they're being immature brats.

• No, you didn't do anything wrong. Unless you're doing something illegal or otherwise giving your company a bad reputation with what you post, it won't affect anything.

• you shouldn't be able to. after all, you were defending your sister and the comments were nice. bosses should not be allowed to fire people because of social media. after all, you weren't at work.

• No it has nothing to do with your work