Are you scared of the IS?

I was at some city that is close to mine and i saw a lot of police officers everywhere who had different weapons on they were armed like something was about to happen, i didn't thought much about it because i thought it's just some control stuff etc. but later i heard the news and it said that 4 syrian man who are a part of IS wanted to shot as many people as possible, two of them wanted to commit suicide bombing as well and it said that it was at the part of the city where i was! I could've died if the police wouldn't have stopped them, i am so scared right now they were infront of my nose and i could've been done for. I heard that some refugee knew about their plan and went to the police to report them, that's why they have been stopped but what would've happend if no one knew about that? I can't get it out of my head and I definitely won't go to any bigger cities anymore. My friend said that it also could happen here as well but our city isn't really popular or big and i feel way better staying here because nothing happens here at all. Am i overreacting?

Most Helpful Guy

• Write to obama and ask him. He started the fucking thing with the cia to wind people up like he's doing to you. The science of fear

Most Helpful Girl

• obviously. i dont wanna die just yet. =/
    I'm relying on my location to keep us at bay for a little while longer.

stay safe hun. no you are not overreacting xx just make sure you're always in a secure area with lots of people and you have emergency contact close by.

What Guys Said 7

• Cautious, but not 'scared'.
    I am a former soldier. I know what pathetic cowards these Islamic Jihadis are. Vermin are not be feared, they are to be exterminated.
    They are being allowed into Western nations by traitor politicians, who plan to use the coming terrorism as a pretext to take your rights and freedoms.
    Once the Muslim invaders begin the Islamic version of the Tet Offensive, Western patriots will be able to clean house in a way that will make Hitler look like a liberal.
    There are many current and former military, as well as other patriots, who are straining to be let off the leash to do what the traitor governments will not.
    They will also take care of the traitors.
    They will draw inspiration from Maximilian Robespierre and the Committee for Public Safety.

• Here in the states? Nope. We've got 300 million Americans, and even more guns than we have people.

And that's just the ones owned by private citizens.

Bring it bitches. See how it works out for ya. (Evil grin)

• Yeah right and what about 9/11 ?

• If I was still in Iraq I'd be very cautious of them. Maybe I should say I don't fear them here. They are a real shitstorm for folks living in the countries they claim.

I agree that Iraq got screwed when Bush decided to hunt terrorists there. Most Iraqi's seemed like they were stuck between terrorists, thugs, invaders and religious zealots, just trying to survive.

What killed me was seeing pictures of Iraq in the 60s. Wow.

• Oh, and we did kill a lot of terrorists. The problem was sorting them out from the non terrorist types they used to hide themselves. Too many of them got caught in the crossfire.

• Not as such.

What scares me is the fact that almost everyone supports the ethical code that makes self-defence impossible.

IS is not a tough enemy. It could be destroyed very easily and very fast, but most of us don't believe in self-defence.

• There's also that pesky Geneva convention. It doesn't apply to terror groups like ISIS, but the world would piss and moan if we went WW2 on them (i. e. total war).

• shit happens

you can either live your life in fear. or not live your life in fear

shit will still happen, either way

• There are bigger things to worry about than extremists

• I'm concealed carry. I'm just waiting for a camel jockey to try something, so I can blow his ass away.

• You mean Isis? You can't worry about everything but if you stay away from major cities then fine

What Girls Said 0