Why do people hate the UK?

I see a lot of people online saying British people are ugly and the UK is a worthless country.

It has kind of made me hate my country because before I read online about how we British people apparently have bad teeth, etc, I always thought we were a good country and I didn't know the world saw us like that. Perhaps I shouldn't believe what the internet says about Great Britain.

We have ugly and pretty people here, like any other country, and the bad teeth stereotype is not true.

I'm sure this is the same for Amercian people because I also read online how Americans are fat gun obsessed loudmouths which I don't think is true at all. I never knew there was this hatred towards us British people. Why do so many people hate us? Please no rude comments, thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Every country has a reputation. Look at the Euro 2016 now, and how the French are saying they're gonna have a drinking ban in most areas just because of the British. It's bs. Most British don't behave like drunken football hooligans but all holiday destinations have this idea of British being drunken violent idiots who cause a disturbance everywhere they go. But how many people do you actually know like that in real life?
    British are drunken hooligans with terrible teeth and shit at sex.
    Americans are all racist morons who's hobbies include chasing Mexicans out their town, shooting people and going hunting.
    French are rude arrogant assholes.
    Nigerians will all scam you.
    Irish only have potatoes for dinner and drink Guinness like water.
    Dutch are sex obsessed and into some freaky fucked up pervy shit.
    Germans are uptight, nazi loving Jewish hating idiots.

The list goes on. Every country, race, religion etc has a reputation. If you come across people who believe every single person who belongs to that group fits in with the stereotype, they're clearly backwards and you really shouldn't feel upset over what they think. Idiots opinions don't matter to normal people, only to each other.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• What would happen if you replaced the word ''English" with "Muslim" or "African?" What do you think would happen to this thread?

Seems to be that under the veil of free speech, some people just can't wait to hate on English people, hate based not on what people have done, but on preconceived notions.

The foundation for such notions? Selective historical references.

That's interesting, actually.

• Because we suck, dude.

• Newsflash , this has been going on for a long time. Nothing new since yesterday. They are specifically referrin to the English with bad teeth.

• Americans are hated wayyyyyyy more lol... and I like my guns... and my fat sister... and also my British best friend. Don't believe everything you read, except what I just said cause that's legit.

• I don't hate the Uk lol.

• So a bunch of people online being negative makes you hate your country? Maybe go find your spine because Im sure you've lost it.

People say shit about every country, that should not have any affect on you at all.

• I don't hate the UK. some of my ancestors are from there, and ya people stereotype Americans too, they say we all eat McDonalds (I hate McDonalds). I love surfing and working out, that is me. and I prefer homemade mom meals lol. people also stereotype us as ugly cuz most of us are mixed. but I think mixed people are beautiful. I have 8 nationalities in me.

• The Brits are cool. I've got nothing against em. 🙃

• I don't hate the UK

In fact, I'd love to visit and spend some time there one day :D

• THAT'S NOT TRUE! I WANT TO GO TO UK MORE THAN ANYTHING!! But I don't have the money (too expensive :( ). The scenery and history there is like so amazing <3 I'm a huge fan of UK lol. Besides, some guys with English accents are charming ;)

• People say a lot of stupid things. They say people from u. s are fat and lazy.

What Guys Said 25

• I don't hate the UK. If I was going to live in the UK my choice would be England over any of the other countries I think. As for how British people's teeth are well I am not going to comment on that because I would not know. Don't take people on the internet to seriously, many of them have never been to the UK and know nothing about the place. I agree, I have met lots of attractive and not so attractive people from the UK. The UK has over 64 million people and if a person is going to say all 64 million people are bad then that person is so stupid they are not even worth listening to.

• We're one of the greatest countries in the world and that's why so many people dream of coming here. It's part jealousy from lesser countries, and part rivalry from other big nations like America.

• Well personally I have nothing against the British but you have to admit that Britain did some fucked up shit to the entire planet in the previous four centuries.

• I don't hate the UK at all. I think they are awesome, have an awesome mix of cultures (welsh, English, scottish, irish) and are an awesome people. Sure they have their faults, but everyone does. they are one of our best and closest allies and I certainly appreciate them.

• I don't hate it or the people I feel more sorry for it actually, just because of the rough time it's going through with the Islamic immigrants and all the nonsense going on there and all over Europe.

• THe UK is actually in of the most popular nations on earth.

The few trolls who hate it though are probably from some rival countries like Argentinia. One thing I've noticed though is that all those dudes are rather uneducated and often plain out stupid. Don't take it to hard. It's just the normal imbecility of the internet.

• I actually liked the UK a lot when I visited there. From Margaret Thatcher to John Lydon, you have had it all. :D

• This could have something to do with it...
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../aaaa.png

• People hate Americans way more lol.

Personally I hate British people. Not all, but most can be annoying

• Never heard of it.
    Where are the haters from?

• Rofl first time I'm hearing this. Sure there are 'haters' that talk retarded shit about the UK but how the hell does that make you hate the UK? It's one of the best places on earth to live... have you been drinking mate? >.<'

• 0|0
  • I LOVE THE UK
    And British people are ugly?
    Just look at this dude >>> @MaLifeBeLikeOooAaah

• Well I don't hate the UK, In fact, I'd love to visit, spend some time and hangout with white chicks there one day 😊

• Because they're right. The UK is an utter shithole.

And this is coming from a UK citizen as well.

• Because United Kingdom is evil. Everyone in United Kingdom is a bad person.

• We are all Stereotypes to someone else.

• American here,
    I don't hate teh U. K

• You've sort of had the worst empire to have ever existed.
    I guess that could be a reason.

But it doesn't make up for why people think British people are ugly.

• I don't think people hate the uk. I know I don't.

• rather that than ignorance of world affairs and being obese like the Americans... they made the world obese anyhow... lol.

and rather wealth, standing, well being near the top in most things like education, healthcare, unlike Arab countries.

• No point of hating.

• Because we're the Kingdom of GREAT Britain so they're jelles how great we're.
    when someone points their finger at you there is always three pointing back at them
    orig11.deviantart.net/.../...ianprince-d8ddw6o.png
    https://youtu.be/UD04yHDrvRc

• It used to be worse when you were the world's superpower, then people really hated you. The USA has relieved you of that particular burden.

Britain and the British have their faults and virtues. I stayed there for a few years and liked it well enough but not enough to want to live there.

• I love the UK ):