What is a reliable source I can use to look up Arthurian Legend?

I want to start getting into Arthurian Legend. Thing is that the stories have been tossed and turned around so many times from the original tales that I don't know where I can get some valid information regarding the lore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Read Le Morte d'Arthur by Sir Thomas Mallory. That is one of the earlier compilations of the folklore based on both the French and English legends. From what I've seen about it, he combines the lore to form a story

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• i would look for books dated during the dark ages not sure what year right off what they would be but im gonna guess 1200 AD? i know it was around there but there was a lot of lore of him and robin hood they were supposedly fact based but hardly anything survived the turmoil of the era.

i would try looking for sites that have info about the dark ages since king author was supposedly alive during those times which would have bee after the fall of the roman empire still not sure exactly when that was.

• Well for one thing he didn't actualyl exist

• Well, duh. I want information that comes closest to matching the original stories.