What do you think of pyramid schemes?

Im 99.9% sure I was just invited to join a pyramid scheme tonight lmao. It was so easy figuring it out. I had to be required by a mutual friend, there was a long presentation why I should join, you have to PAY to be trained, and it promised huge amounts of money in short periods of time. didn't even focus on the actual service which was to help families save money. It was all about money money money. All info i was given was if i wanted to make $1500-$2000 a month for 8-10 hours a week. I ended up not joining, but talked to a lot of people there and asked a lot of questions. All seem very fishy to me. Anyway, that was my day lol. What do you guys think of pyramid schemes?
What do you think of pyramid schemes?

Most Helpful Guy

• The biggest pyramid scheme is insurance. Like Aflac, Bankers, and Liberty National. I've been to a few of their "interviews".

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• The idea and intent to them always sounds good. To bad making the fast money would be so cool. lol. Then they would really help a lot of people out.

• Pyramid schemes are illegal in every jurisdiction of which I am aware.
    If you are referring to network marketing, that is a completely different form of business.
    Some are good. Some are better than others.
    Amway and Herbalife are the best, in my opinion.
    The difficult part about network marketing is finding people who are not thumb-sucking losers.
    I found that about 99 out of 100 people will complain about being broke, but refuse to do anything about it, reject every opportunity that is offered, express opinions that they are not qualified to hold and, if they do become involved, quit the next day because their broke and financially illiterate friend, relative or neighbour ridiculed them.
    If you want to learn how to be financially successful, learn from someone who is.
    All that a broke person can do is tell you how to be the same sort of loser that they are.

• Its kind of mean calling broke people losers :/

• I just looked up what Ichan said. He is the largest single shareholder in Herbalife. He won a case against a hedge fund manager who had stated that Herbalife was a pyramid scheme.

• Oh i thought ichan was the bad guy

• If its too good to be true, stay the hell away :]

• Exactly. Always look on glassdoor before even applying/interviewing with a place. What I've noticed is a lot of these pyramid schemes will have people write fake reviews that are so cliche and biased saying shit like there are no cons with this place, best place to work at, etc. That's a bunch of bullshit because even the best jobs will have some cons.

They'll also say generic shit like this company is great, what you get out of it is what you put into it and then the schemes websites and facebook pages will have nothing about the company but post lists of inspirational quotes. *rolls eyes*

• Illuminati!

• I actually went on a "blind date" that turned out to be an invitation to an Amway-type sales scheme! Ugh! :P

• Yeah they all suck just like any other scam a scam is scam.

• What pisses me off is when you go out of your way for an interview only to find out the place is a pyramid scheme. I had that happen the other day. It wasn't my first time interviewing with one but some of these places have caught on and make their website and structure look so professional that it can be hard to tell who's a good company and who's just a scam.

• I don't understand why people join. It's so obviously a scam.

• Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's not. These kinda scammers prey on recent college grads and the unemployed or people looking for sales jobs. They'll tell people what they want to hear so they can take advantage of them.

I've dealt with these fuckers too much. If i interview with them and hear it's commission only or min. wage plus commission, I tell them $14-15/hr or at least $30,000/year. If they say well "you could make so much money" I'm out.

What Girls Said 3

• Dont do it. Bad idea the reason they are pyramid schemes is because they are just that, schemes. Its just not smart

• it is a scam.

• Yah that sounds shady as hell