Why are there so many narcissistic people on the internet?

People are commenting other people's questions and body shaming them. Every other person on this website seems to think they are the hottest thing in the world and constantly putting down others. The girls on here seem to slut shame others. Some of the girls on here post nothing but provocative photos when it's obvious that it is for attention. Some of the girls who are obviously really pretty say they are ugly just to fish for compliments. Then we have a bodybuilder that is pumped up on a ridiculous amount steroids just wreaking havoc and screaming at everyone. We have at least 20+ catfish on here.. We also have a lot of misogynist men in here. I think the girls are the worst by a long shot though. I'm not just talking about girlsaskguys. com but just the internet as a whole.. why is it like this?

0|0
3|6

Most Helpful Guy

• The internet does not suddenly change people's personality. By firing up the google chrome, one does not suddenly become as you would describe... a "narcissistic" person.

However, what the internet does do is give a layer of anonymity. Many people who express a facade of niceness in real life like to take advantage of that anonymity and essentially show their true colors. Others decide to take advantage of that anonymity to try and take advantage of others. However, the person's personality does not suddenly change from the real world to the internet. Their actions do.

On a side note, many of the girls who post nothing but provocative photos or the ones who fish for compliments simply suffer from shitty self esteem. From that, they post photos and such out of a coping mechanism. The compliments give them momentary satisfaction and makes them feel "I'm special." (The compliments only are temporary relief as they do not treat the problem itself, but that's another topic.) The shitty self esteem may actually twist their mind into thinking that they are actually ugly. It can happen. Everyone else may believe they are pretty, but they themselves may not believe it.

The reasoning for catfishing can be a mix of things. I'm sure some of the catfish do it for compliments. Rather, they try getting compliments on a catfish version of themselves, and then pretend the comments are actually directed towards them. Some just get satisfaction from tricking other people. Some try getting compliments for more unsatisfactory reasons, like tricking people into sexting with them or giving out nude photos, dirty talking with them, whatever. There is no one reason that could cover why someone would catfish.

I'll just leave the bodybuilder comment part alone lol. I ain't touchin' that one xD

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• @fearless_banana we have another one here

0|2
    0|0
    • lmfao dead at

"Then we have a bodybuilder that is pumped up on a ridiculous amount steroids just wreaking havoc and screaming at everyone."

• @Fearless_banana hahaha

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 2

• Coz there just is

0|0
    0|0
  • "Some of the girls on here post nothing but provocative photos when it's obvious that it is for attention."
    Is this not slut-shaming? LOL

You can be & say whatever you like on the internet

1|1
    0|0