How would you feel if a restaurant fired a cook for not making a meal the way you wanted?

Let's say you ordered a stake but you got an overdone one so you sent it back to the kitchen. Later on you heard them yell "you're fired" from the kitchen and then you saw the cook leaving the restaurant.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would feel really bad and speak on the cooks behalf but it may have been his last warning and nothing I could do

Most Helpful Guy

• Take it from me (whos worked a kitchen), you don't get fired for one overdone steak. It's a culmination of errors and/or a general lack of ability.

What Girls Said 10

• I mean, I would probably burst out in tears, because I just cost that guy his job, and what if he has a wife and kids he has to support? I've fucked a guy's life up, and I could have just kept my mouth shut and not complained. Logically I know he wouldn't get fired for one error, and I just happened to be the last error he made, but I can't help feel like it's my fault

• You have a kind heart.

• Off topic but can't you talk in person or on the pc?

• We can't on the PC, but we occasionally can in person. I just don't normally see him because we go to different schools and swim at different levels on our swim team.

• I wouldn't feel bad, they should know how to do their job.

• 0|1
  • I would feel awful but I would also know this isn't the first time he screwed up an order.

• I'd feel like shit. I'd try to look for the manager or something so I can apologize and try to get the person's job back.

• I would feel a bit bad. I wanted a new steak, not ruin someone's job.

• I would feel bad, and if I knew, I would probably ask to speak to the boss and see if I could help.

• yyyyyyyyyyes

• Everyone makes mistakes. I don't think it would be right to do.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 13

• Depends on the context. Normally I would feel bad though, because errors or miscommunication can happen. If it was something done repeatidly by him though or he simply did not try to do his job properly its a different story.

• I would think that's a harsh punishment. Anyone can make a mistake when cooking. As the customer, I would go up to the chef as he leaves and bring him back in to his boss and I would demand to his boss to let the chef keep his job.

• I'd be a little ashamed at first then I'd realize that since this happens on occasion, this was probably just the last straw that got him fired

• They are human as well. Sometimes humans make mistakes. I would not want them to get fired.

• If it was your mum who cooked it... then I'd be happy jheesh

• I'd be more worried that someone might spit in my food than that the guy would get fired for just one error.

• They wouldn't fire a guy for slipping up just once. I probably wasn't the first to complain.

So n

• I'd feel bad and I'd think it's a really harsh punishment because the economy is bad and they might not find another job. How would you feel?

• I dunno. I would assume that firing a cook for just one mistake is not the best thing to do so chances are they probably did something bad or a lot of bad things beforehand.

• Good point

• In the bast iw ould feel guilty but now i would think its probably not my fault they won't fire him from one wrong meal

• Highly unlikely to have been dismissed for 1 mistake.

• I honestly couldn't give a shit

• wouldn't bother me.

• I would tell the cook, to go and beat his boss' ass together. I don't give a shit about a steak, but I give many shits about having a tyrant as a boss.

I should also mention here, I never understood people who eat at restaurants. The same food costs way less when you eat it at home.