Do you agree with this?

Do you agree with this?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep. That applies to everyone, not just men. That's why there's people that get bullied and people that don't.
    If you let someone do you wrong and do nothing about it, they're gonna keep doing you wrong.
    If you don't demand respect from the beginning, you'll never gonna get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally that's how it is.

My ex boyfriend was sweet when we were friends, but once we started dating he slowly became more obvious in showing he was a douche. At the end of the relationship (after being on-again-off-again) he told me he never loved me etc.

My current boyfriend though, he is a major sweetheart. Respected me from the beginning with my choices and supported me on them before we even started dating.

What Guys Said 12

• I disagree, because it is gendered.
    "If your partner doesn't respect you now they sure as hell won't respect you later. Why will they try when they know they get their way with the bare minimum?"

That I can agree with.

• Oh are you offended? baby.

• @BotChuck My point was merely that it could apply to anyone with any kind of significant other. If something is universally applicable, why gender it? Considering the message the picture sends is one that can apply to any person who is in such a relationship with a person of any gender, I felt it seems to unfairly demonize one gender, when the exact same advice could be given, to everyone, including women with husbands/boyfriends, if worded the way I worded it.
      You do need to change a gender label if a thing is true universally, and not only applicable to one gender. Can you not accept that? The asker can accept that premise, so why are you so butthurt that I would suggest that this is good advice for everyone, and people other than heterosexual women could use to hear it?

• All I'm saying is, no need to point it out like it's incorrect when you agree with the message itself. You're just wasting time and causing conflict.

• Respect is earned over time. If you think you deserve an abundance of respect for nothing done, you're crazy. At first someone might treat you with every day ordinary common respect, but they don't respect you...

• I agree because I've seen it so many times, andn ot just men

• I know this Welsh bloke who went to the same secondary school as me and friended me on Facebook and he spams crap like this 24/7 alongside "lol im weird xDDD" memes.
    Why do people think putting some words on a plain background makes something deep and profound?

• It's the truth though. No matter how it's presented.

• yeahhh

• Completely agree, but its never actually followed in practice..

• No, because it's a generalisation. I'm willing to believe that this is true in 90% of cases, sure, but it's still a generalisation and thus I do not agree.

• And why is it about "your man" when it could've easily been about "your partner"? No reason to attack men here.

• yeah i agree

• that ain't true

• Usually true. But some chicks are are stubborn/crazy/hard working/crave approval just enough.

• Same goes for women

• Respect is a difficult question. Many people, men and women have difficulty maintaining a respectful attitude in an intimate relationship. It's not a matter of "getting away" with anything. It's a psychological quirk humans have, probably having to do with the social hierarchy instinct.

What Girls Said 7

• hell yeah.

• I agree and tbh I'm still wondering why people get into relationships with partners that obviously don't have much respect for them in the first place.
    *sigh* masochists I suppose..

• Yes if you don't give him a reason and show him he has to respect you he won't

• that is true but it works both ways

• Definitely

• 100% true...

• Yes that's completely true. People don't change.