How do I budget $500 per month?

The only bill I pay is just the internet bill.
I always end up wasting my money because I don't know what to do with it.
I don't like saving for rainy days as it irks me.

I need to spend it or save it for something specific; for example I was saving for my trip to a country but then after a few months, I ended up sending the money to my cousins instead.

Help? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a nice, really fancy looking piggybank. One of those you need to destroy in order to get the stuff inside. Put 100$ into it each month and you will not want to destroy it because its fancy and thus force yourself to save the money.

By the end of the year you have 1100$ saved up. Have some nice holiday-travels with it and start again.

What Guys Said 5

• Trying setting weekly limits that rollover from week to week. For example, limit yourself to $100 a week. If you don't spend any this week then next week's limit is $200. However, if you overdo it and spend $200 in one week then the next week you shouldn't spend anything if you want to save the money.

• There are ways you can make that money work for you.
    1. Investments - make even more money.
    2. Anyway you look at it even if you are saving for a trip you still 'saving' so LOL at the rainy day part.
    3. Change yo dam mindset - When shit happens (And it will) I'd rather go through the pain of saving and be happy I did than be broke and freaking out.
    4. Start a small business (Part time) and make it grow over time to make it full time.

• Part of growing up is learning to manage your money.

• Spend it on investments through auto transfers.

• Dammit franklin!
    ok lester... we need your help
    we're doing another bank heist.

What Girls Said 2

• Having a budget and saving is part of being mature. Blowing your money is unwise. Start setting aside at least 10% into savings each month and after bills allow the rest to meet other needs and thrills

• save half for yourself to spend and half in an envelope for savings. just don't TOUCH IT.