Career Question! Name this career?

I want work with anime. I am thinking about begin the story board writer. What major would I need or bachelor? I want be a director, writer, and actor. But I don't know where that would fall under?

Most Helpful Guy

• My suggestion is to just practice these things and learn more about them via experience without wasting your money on a bachelor degree in it. Imagine how much supplies and private lessons you could afford without wasting $100k on a, more or less, useless degree.

• Good advice

• Well I will try than! Maybe someday I'll have my own anime series!

• Good luck to you :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Maybe start as a writer and do join amateur theatre. If you're good enough there, try to get higher up.
    But I guess it's a world with many candidates for few places so you'll have to be good!

• dont plan on doing that for your career. Get your degree in something that will actually get you a job, then try and work your way into the industry.

• performing arts

• mangaka?

• Screenwriting

• Writer

• Computer animation?

What Girls Said 5

• first you want to enroll into an art school make a portfolio and send your work to places it can be viewed, like youtube tokyopop twitter and such. do you know mangaka?

• no I don't

• Mangaka is the word we use for cartoonists and comic artists. many anime creators start with drawing manga. art schools like kyoto seika university, specialize in manga art. so you want to find an art school i think.

• oh I didn't know. But I am not intersted in drawing!!! i am terrible at it.

• I personally would enroll in a film school and major in screenwriting with a minor in animation.

• Animation. Film School.

• You can do these things without going to school

• Arts & Entertainment, Computer Graphics - Animation...