What were your favorite books you read as a kid?

I read a lot of books that take ages to get through, things like history and philosphy, I'm working on the Summa Theologica: 3,500 page, hard to read book. To give my brain a rest from that stuff I put some classic kid's books on my book reader, some books I loved when I was a kid: Island of the Blue Dolphins, Chroricles of Narnia, and The Indian in the Cupboard. I can fly through those books. Last night I re-read a fun book called The Monster's Ring, by the guy who wrote the "My Teacher is an Alien" series.

Which books were your favorite when you were a kid?

Most Helpful Girl

• Molly Moon series.
    all the Goosebumps books.
    Actually everything by R. L Stine.
    Everything Paul Jennings.
    Everything Terry Denton.
    Everything Andy Griffiths.
    Dr Seuss
    The Crowthistle Chronicles
    Everything Roald Dahl
    Especially Witches the medicine one and the one to do with the kid and hunting birds. (Dont ask me for the titles. Who do you think I am?)
    Oh!
    And Nobody Nowhere.
    Loved that book. Really want to find it again and see how much better I understand it now that I actually know whats going on in it XD (it was definitely not a kids book)

• The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
      And
      Fighting Ruben Wolfe

Forgot those two. They both will change the way you see the world.

• Oh!!!
      It shouldn't Happen to a Vet
      And
      Footrot Flats
      And
      The Silver Brumby

• ...

I was an avid reader as a child...

Most Helpful Guy

• Run baby run the Nicky Cruz story. I was so touched by his true life story I wrote him as a kid and he got back to me.
    many times.

What Girls Said 18

• Spot
    http://www.funwithspot.com/img/spot-the-dog.png

And Clifford the big red dog
    ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51f1tOA2x-L.jpg

Omg brings me back to the old days when I was 4 and I was stilling on the bottle lol mum tried to take the bottle away from me and I balled my eyes out

• I enjoyed the Horrible Histories books, I know I re-read Harry Potter like 500 times and I'd read Goosebumps a lot and scare myself.

• I loved to read fables. For those who don't what a fable is, it's a story with animals as characters. My two favorite book series were Arthur Read by Mark Brown and Arthur by Lillian Hoban. One of them (Arthur Read) is an aardvark and the other is a monkey who shares his adventures with his sister.
    I also loved fairy tale stories (like most little girls, lol). Cinderella was my favorite bedtime story :) Sleeping Beauty was one of my favorite books as well. It was one of the very first books I read on my own. I read it like more than ten times.

• Princess academy!

• All Harry Potter books
    Journey to the center of the earth by Jules Verne
    Princess diaries series by Meg Cabot
    The little vampire series by Angela Sommer Bodenburg
    Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

• I liked to listen to Shakespeare, but since I was young I had to read/listen to the translated versions. I also had a suit case full of books like the magic treehouse ones under my bed that I would stay up late at night reading/

• The Outsiders... still my favorite book ever
    Of Mice and Men
    Lord of the Flies

• The Mist by Stephen King and the goosebumps series.

• Moby Dick by Herman Melville 🐋

• my mum and I would read a series called Cherry Aims it was about a nurse who worked WW2 and the adventures or experiences she had during the war

• Magic tree house series 😛

• Awesome French book called "L'imagerie de l'imaginaire" of something
    And a book that you had poll and you would change the rabbits attitude or something like this it's soo cute

• The Mermaid book.
    In the end, they don't end up being together.

• Velveteen rabbit

• As a kid: Holes, by Louis Sachar and the Harry Potter saga.

• harry potter and a lot a french book

• The breadwinnt, junie b jones, ugh can't remember!

• I read classics

What Guys Said 3

• Had a book from a charity shop called "Primordial Soup". It was literally just a bunch of Red Dwarf scripts from Series 3-5.

• I am Legend by Richard Matheson.

• Proven Guilty, the dresden files book 9