What's your opinion?

The U. K. and the EU... IN or OUT. Reason (s)?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? I don't feel informed enough to make a good decision. We are being bombarded with all the pros but really we need information not propaganda.

I'm torn. Personally I would probably vote out for quality of life. However as a business owner it would be more secure to vote in.

As I say, I don't feel confident enough to make a real decision. I don't fully believe this should be up to the public though, I think more informed individuals should have been in control of this...

Most Helpful Guy

• The only legitimate function of a government is to defend individual rights. Therefore, a more legitimate government is one that better defends individual rights. Freedom is freedom from the initiation of force, in other words freedom from violence.

Therefore, the only pertinent question is, is the United Kingdom likely to be a freer country inside the European Union or outside? Note, again, that freedom is freedom from violence, not national independence, which is irrelevant. It makes no difference who is committing violence against me. Violence is violence.

I think that it is pretty clear that the UK would be freer in the EU. If the UK were to leave, it is extremely unlikely that the UK would get rid of the bad parts of the EU. Despite occasional talk of 'cutting red tape' for example, the fact is that that is not what the British people want and not what they would democractically choose. Hence, we have seen a shift recently in the leave campaign to talking about spending more on the NHS. However, if the UK were to leave, the UK would get rid of the good parts of the EU, such as primarily the free movement of people.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• My mum tried to get me to vote for her opinion. But then I don't vote, so fug'em. I doubt we'll leave regardless.

• The thing is... and what about the other UK contries, excluding england?
    Scotland is, apparently pro eu.

May contribute to split them again.

• OUT. Technically... the EU is a load of shit that doesn't work. The end.

• Explain!

• You are generalizing man : /, can't go in that direction. There are plenty of people there fighting for people's dignity. Ofcourse we all have different views of how a society should work etc, but it's not just a bunch of criminals.

• @OrangeBoy Generalizing is acceptable when that's generally the way it is.

• Get out while you still can. At least you have a choice.

• Out.

Why remain part of the fastest declining economic bloc in the world?

• The EU is a shit brand at the moment. Do with that what you will.