Do you like foreign movies? and is there any particular foreign language you dislike in movies?

I ask because while I do very much enjoy the different styles based on where the foreign movies are from, I have a really hard time with german movies. I have nothing against german people themselves, I just don't like the harsh sound of their language. it distracts me from the overall movie.

does anyone else have any language they have a really hard time listening to in movies?

• I like foreign movies, no matter the language
  • I only like certain languages in foreign movies
  • I dislike all foreign movies

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on the movie and it can't be dubbed because it just really destroyes the immersion (with the exception of the russian movies night watch and its sequal day watch which where so well dubbed (the leading actor dubbed his own lines) it was incredibly difficult to tell it was dubbed at all).

• I'm going to have to watch those. I hate when movies are dubbed too, I can't believe they managed to pull it off.

• Yeah I was suprised to, its one of those situations where you think it might be dubbed so you watch the lips but it syncs up so well you start to wonder if it isn't dubbed. Good movies too (if you like fantasy, particularly in a modern setting) bizare in a good way with how crazy things get. Kind of like a russian adult version of harry potter I guess the whole magic and fantasy creatures are real thing going on. Their actually based off a russian trillogy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love them because I'm into the sociologic aspect of cinema, distant from the usual trophes. I'm for discover new cultures, new views of Life through the speed of the camera, the attention to details, the scenery.. i also care the psychological aspect of these movies, like the society influences us and we face the feelings.

What Guys Said 6

• Life is Beautiful was good. I saw a good war movie on WWI russian/german, don't recall who made it though. sometimes the movies are really lame, so depends.

• I like Hong Kong movies in Cantonese, thats about it. Im ok with German and French but i dislike Bollywood generally.

• lol, too much singing and dancing?

I used to love musicals as a kid, but by high school they actually annoyed the hell out if me.

• bollywood movies are interesting because I've met Indian people before who I couldn't imagine ever behaving the way they do in movies. especially the men. a few women maybe, but definitely not the men

• Haha yeah, too much singing and dancing i mean im a old world adventure/fantasy, police/military, action kind of guy and bollywood generally doesn't go in for that - they're much more about love dramas iirc.

And ur right none of the indians i know act like that at all lol

• I dislike dubbed audio. My mother was born in finnland where almost all tv content is English with finnish subb. She insisted to expose me and my siblings to same media and film language, so i sort of dislike seeing dubbing where lip-movement does not fit to the dubb. And i hate that here in Germany Tv-Media doesn't even bother lowering the sound or cutting the audio when foreigners speak, they just talk over it... it's so infuriating!

• I dislike them all.

• Ya. They're usually refreshing. I'd like to see a B list cast do a movie in an totally whack language. See what happens.

• I like Hollywood movies. Portuguese movies suck, they have to be financed by the government.

What Girls Said 1

• Only languages I understand