46% (11)54% (14)50% (25)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Chicken or the CHICKEN's EGG

0|0
10|24

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• The egg. Two animals very close to chickens mated and gave rise to an egg that hatched the first chicken. It was a step in evolution that took place when small changes and mutations occurred in the mixing of their DNA. The result was a zygote with the genetic blue print of the modern chicken.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'd wager that the very first chicken hatched from the egg of its very similar former species. At that point it's adaptations allowed it to outcompete the lesser evolved predecessors and thus reproduce and lay the very first chicken egg.

But to answer your question eggs have been around millions of years longer than chickens.

0|1
    0|0
  • Basically, many, many moons ago there was a chicken-like bird. It was genetically close to a chicken, but wasn’t a full-blown chicken yet. Krulwich calls it a proto-chicken. So proto-hen laid an egg, and proto-rooster fertilized it. But when the genes from ma and pa almost-chicken fused, they combined in a new way, creating a mutation that accidently made the baby different from its parents. Although it would take millennia for the difference to be noticed, that egg was different enough to become the official progenitor of a new species, now known as … the chicken! So in a nutshell (or an eggshell, if you like), two birds that weren’t really chickens created a chicken egg, and hence, we have an answer: The egg came first, and then it hatched a chicken.

0|0
    0|0
  • I came first if he knows what he's doing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No matter if you believe in Creation, Evolution, or something else, the answer will be always that the Chicken came first.

0|1
    0|0
    • that is just wrong.

• Show All
    • @atomique and @Josht11 no it ain't cause you have to have the chicken to lay the egg

• @CancerianMan81 you need a egg to have the chicken, look this is basic evolution a proto-chicken of sorts will lay an egg which will have a random genetic mutation changing the genetic sequence making it a chicken.

• I wanna say Chicken but my vote goes for the Egg... But there will always be a conflict discussion with this topic so it's best not to alert the high priestesses... cause you'll wreak havoc!

0|0
    0|0
  • The stovetop came last

0|0
    0|0
  • The chicken

0|1
    0|0
  • The dinosaur egg

0|0
    0|0
  • the chicken came first

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• Only one possibility:
    The chicken came out of an egg that came from an animal that was *not* a chicken. Thus the egg came first.

0|1
    0|0
  • The egg of course, it was laid by some small dinosaur... the embryo inside of the egg has mutated, and that's how the chickens have evolved.

0|0
    0|0
  • You will need to define "chicken: and "egg" to get a response to this question which makes sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • The egg. Because eggs existed before chickens.

1|0
    0|0
    • But who did the egg get there?

• Show All
    • Ment for the opinion below.

• That's not how the question goes.
      Which came first the chicken or the "egg" not the chicken-egg.

Evolution wise, the smaller feathered dinosaurs which are the ancestors of our modern birds also laid eggs, but if we go all the way back, everything originates from the early ocean. Creatures there would evolve over long periods of time, the earliest simply multiplying, splitting in two.. but as time went and different types/species evolved in different biomes, they required different ways of multiplying, some of them would protect their offspring with jelly like substance to hide/mask their scent.. but as evolution would have it, predators evolved and adapted to the masking jelly, in turn, they evolved different ways of protection, some would breed en masse, others would harden the shell and so on. The egg originated way before the chicken as we know it.

• Let me ask you this: Which came first, the chicken or the dinosaur?

Reptiles laid eggs

#GetRekt

0|0
    0|0
  • Egg.

Single cell = egg.
    Fish lay eggs
    Certain species of fish evolved into amphibians which lay eggs
    Certain species of amphibians evolved into reptile-esq animals which lay eggs
    Certain species of reptile-esq animals evolved to dinosaurs which layed eggs
    Specific theropods evolved into birds, which lay eggs.
    Chicken are birds, therefore the egg came first.

0|0
    0|0
  • If this is an evolutionary question it is THE EGG that's a fact.

0|1
    0|0
    • Something very close to a chicken will have given birth to offspring that had a genetic mutation changing leg size, wing span etc making it officially count for what is a modern chicken there's so many little changes though so you can never pinpoint the exact point it goes from non-chicken to chicken.

• Show All
    • read what I just posted through random genetic mutation and variation shouldn't you be learning this.

• its all bullshit. Its logic verses who wlever told you the egg came first

• The egg, presuming that it is an evolutionary question, the chicken, presuming that it is a creationist take.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did, in yo mama!

0|0
    0|0
  • the egg duh, reptiles lay eggs and they existed longer than chickens.

0|1
    0|0
  • Egg pretty sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • chicken

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not the chicken's egg, it's the chicken's ancestor's egg that made the chicken. The chicken came first since the egg wasn't really a chicken egg.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a Christian, I can only assume God wouldn't make the egg first.

0|0
    0|0
  • The egg lol. This was a strange question

0|0
    0|0
  • The chicken

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, but chicken parm came last.

0|0
    0|0
  • there were eggs long before there were chickens...

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are people so interested in this?

0|0
    0|0
  • God came first, otherwise there wouldn't be a chicken nor an egg.

0|0
    0|0
  • The rooster.

0|1
    0|0