Is it possible to stop thinking?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys do this... or at least zone out where they aren't thinking about much.

Girls... not sure sure they can do this. Maybe if they meditate... but I bet they are still thinking. I'll be curious if girls can.

What Guys Said 15

• That is the point of meditation.

• Yes. Meditate.

• It probably happens to everyone eventually. It's called "death."

• yes, but you don't want to go there, believe me.

• Yes. As someone has already said, that's the goal of meditation. I've experienced it and when you do get a gap of several seconds to a minute, it's the most amazing feeling ever.

• To a point. Depends what you mean by thinking. You can stop overthinking about something. But you cannot stop thoughts

• You will never stop thinking. Your brain will do this automatically, whether you mean to or not.

• During my sleep.

• Not naturally, of course. Maybe during some sort of mental drama like a seizure.

• yes, it is called being retarded.

• Isn't that what meditation is suppose to achieve?

• when you have ADHD not likely

• Yes. It takes training.

• That's called being a vegetable

• Sure, get anesthetized.

What Girls Said 7

• No. Not unless brain dead. Brain thinks it's what it does. However you can slow it down so much to the point it geeks like you are not thinking. Your mind feels first. This is the a of meditation. But we are not not thinking. We are just thinking verrrrrrry slowly. Same thing where people can through meditation stop there heart. They are not stopping they are just slowing the beats down so slow to the point it feels like no pulse. This is useful in battle when wanting to play dead.

• No, your brain is constantly at work except when you're asleep (hmmm even then you dream, so I'm not sure.) If it bothers you that much, try yoga. You'll be too busy concentrating on your body movements, there won't be room for thinking.

• In a way, because when you're distracted by something you're technically not "thinking" just doing.

• I don't know, try it, and tell us how it worked out for you

• Nope lol... well maybe...@.@ ...

• Keep trying. It will become possible to attain focus

• When you die yes