I am getting really stress! I still can't find a decent job! What should I do?

like I really need a job!

Most Helpful Guy

• I sympathize with your situation. And even though it won't make you feel better, you're not alone. The U. S. economy is barely producing enough jobs to keep up with population growth through immigration. What that means is that all net job growth is going to the one million plus people we're admitting every year on Green Cards, not to mention the hundreds of thousands more on other types of visas. Many employers prefer to hire immigrants over Americans because they know their wage/salary expectations are over. The Great Recession is not over for millions and millions of Americans. I feel for you and every American who can't find work in part because of your own government's policies.

• *Correction: Many employers prefer to hire immigrants over Americans because they know their wage/salary expectations are LOWER. (Not "over.")

• Thank you, apple, for giving me MH Guy opinion!

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're currently in school apply for an internship for your field of study, it gives you entry level experience in that line of work. Most colleges offer career services to aid students in finding and applying for these opportunities. Check out what resources your school offers.

If you're not enrolled in school I would suggest enrolling and then seeking part time work with a dining establishment, hotel/motel, fitness center/gym, department/grocery/drug store. Apply at several stores in a mall near your area.

• I don't have a major yet still in school!

• Maybe look into options to continue your education as far as what major you're interested in, what schools have a program for that major, and how you can finance your tuition and fees. You can get a job as a cashier or waitress at 20 with just a high school diploma or GED but to get a better position than those you're going to need at least a certification or associates degree in something. You can find higher positions but it will take you longer to advance when you don't have the credentials from school and are relying solely on work experience. Since the workforce is so competitive you'll need a balance of both experience and education to have the best possibility of advancing in a career or even a job at our age.

• Honestly everything you said I know!

What Guys Said 14

• Work as a waitress at a high end place where you can make killer tips while your in school still

• Develop a skill set and work in hospo until you have mastered your skill. Web design is good one. Programming is good. get some Adobe software maybe. Otherwise get customer service experience if you want lower responsibility but with reasonable pay.

Men would normally do concreting or building in the mean time.

• Find what you want to do and if you need some work experience while your looking for work try some volunteering it's something you can put on your CV

• Why do you need a job so bad?

• How much a week minimum do you need to make and how many hours can you give?

Is this to help pay for school or paying rent?

• In order to help myself and my mom!

• Okay, so it's a personal financial crisis. Do you live in the sticks, burbs or city? I only ask to get a feeling for the type of jobs that might be available that aren't advertised.

• no its fine I am just going to have to work as a cashier in a hour long drive!

• How much money on daily basis will fix your life for good.

• its more than money... it involves the law, my parents, my self worth... pretty important.

• Lawyer will fix the law issue.. They know all loophole.. Your parents will love it and no issue your self worth.. Wait for some time when your problem are fixed dump him..

• dump who? lol

• you may just have to take anyone for now.
    once you're in one it be easier to get another job

• What about baysiting some kids?

• turn invisible and beat up mimes

• Create one for yourself.

• Keep applying and don't give up

• grow weed. sell it.

• Calm down eventually someone will call you for a job

• Accept your life under welfare lol

What Girls Said 9

• I got fired from two shitty jobs this year.

Left one that was good for one of the shitty jobs in hopes of better opportunity. Got fired. Found another one. Then school started, but my new job wouldn't accommodate, so got fired again.

Just keep looking, my friend.

• I wish I could give you advice that works, but I myself am in the same situation and I haven't found my big break yet. Still I wish you the best of luck.

• What are your qualifications? What kind of job do you want? Maybe you have been looking in the wrong direction?

• First of all get rid of your stress. I recommend finding a you-tube video on morning yoga and night yoga to relieve stress. Also I recommend getting a quote book. I have a quote book and it's called, "Positive Quotes for Everyday By Patricia Lorenz.

Okay now time for the second part. Think about what you want to do. Then go out and ask others about it. For example if you want to be a doctor, head back to your own doctors office and ask if they are willing to hire you. Always have backup jobs. For example if you couldn't find a doctor job then you could move on to another job and look again. If you seriously cannot find a job yet and your in need of money, most super markets and restaurants are hiring so you can try there. Remember, never give up! You will find a job sooner or later!
    Hope this helped.

• I have applied to restaurants! I am sort of deperate !

• Then wait for an answer. During the meantime continue to look for a more suitable job for yourself.

• The only thing you can do is keep looking. Then ask any friends and family members if they know of a place.

Have you tried a job agency?

• yes I have. I ask one of my mom friends and she knows a restaurant that need cashier so I sign up!

• That's the fastest way to get a job, having someone who knows you hook you up.

• Are you looking for a career or money?

• Money for now and in the future a career!

• I would recommend looking at jobs like waiting tables, barista, washing dishes, shop assistants, etc. Those sorts of jobs are fairly easy to get into. Hell, even McDonalds if need be.
      Applying for anything and everything. The lower you aim (yes the lower you're paid) the more likely you are to get it.

• Where have you applied? Are there any hotels or motels in your area? I've worked as a housekeeper and a front desk clerk at a couple of hotels and there is an upside; tips!

• meh! Thats like my last resort after cashier!

• Id never be a cashier. That was another thing I liked about housekeeping not having to deal with a lot of people or too many crazy customers.
      What is it you really feel like doing for work? Indeed and monster are my go to websites when looking for a job and sometimes craigslist.

• I would hate to be house keeping.

• ask your parents for help or go in a special society who will find a job for you. i don't know is this exist in usa but in my country that's exist

• I need a job too!