Should you be married by the time you reach your 30s?

And if not does that mean im an outcast or a loser?

• You are a loser if you reach your 30s and aren't married yet
  • No that's ridiculous
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage is forever, what's the rush?

This is what always gets me. What's the point of getting married? Other than to save money on your taxes, of course. Most people will give stability and assurance as an answer.

Well, if your relationship isn't stable before you get married, and you aren't sure that your lover will just run off at any moment, then what makes you think that will change once you say I do?

In fact, if your relationship isn't stable now, it will certainly only get worse once you're married. Marriage makes people feel trapped because, by definition, it is forever until death do us part. Why get married sooner rather than later?

My opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell, I was divorced before I hit 30. lol

Now I'm approaching 40, and I very much doubt I ever marry again. And I'm 100% good with that.

Some people aren't meant to marry young. Others aren't meant to marry at all. If you are generally stubborn, selfish, hate change to your own routine by other people, or have an extreme independent or isolationist streak about you, it won't matter what age you are, you should avoid marriage. If you find it easy for you to fuck anything that has a pulse, and the boundaries of a relationship are a mere technicality (if even that), then loyalty is an issue, and then you should avoid marriage.

What Girls Said 24

• you certainly dont have to be. it should depend on ones own life and what they do or dont want to achieve.

marriage doesn't have to be a part of life. it isn't for everyone anyway- clearly since about half of em are getting divorced -.-

• I think you should be married whenever the hell you feel ready to legally bind yourself to somebody. If that means 20, 30, or never is your decision and your decision alone.

• I don't think you 'should', no. I guess I think you should be married when it's best for you and that changes or everyone.

• No, that's ridiculous. Besides, I don't think there should be a negative stigma attached to an unmarried person no matter what age they're at. Not everyone wants to get married. That doesn't make you a loser, it's just a choice.

• I'm not stressing if I do or don't. Either it will happen or it is not atm. I have bugger thing's to worry about like why in the hell did, Ashley a. k. a Ash give that EVIL witch, Ruby the Necronomicon? Why haven't Pablo and Kelly made it official already? And why did Amanda have to dieeee😭😭😭? When is season 2?

• There's no age limit.. I'd get married when I'll find someone I can spend my whole life with... and I am assuming I'd be over 30 by then as I've got a lot to do.. but before 35 I hope.. 😊 or I'll just adopt two kids and live my life lol😅😅

• I want to be married by the time I'm 30. But I wouldn't consider myself or anyone else a failure for not being married by 30. :)

• I don't know if I want to be married by that point. It just depends how I feel within that relationship. I just want to be engaged for a very long time.

• There's no age limit to marriage.

• my dad is 40 and unmarried... he's been married twice though. I don't think my dad is a loser I think he is one of the best men on earth

• No, since nobody has a time limit to getting married. That's one of those things that you should never rush or be in a rush to do. Since rushing will always ruin it and the marriage will fall apart.

• There are no rules that say you have to be. I wanted to be married by 30 but I don't see it happening. And that's ok

• Everyones life goes down a different path. There is no set time as long as you are personally improving and growing.

• I think that is ideal. Doesn't make anyone a loser or outcast... just not the best situation for most.

• Why is it ideal? And what makes it the 'best' situation?

• So what if you aren't married by or during your 30s?

• Nothing happens lol.

• that's what society may say
    but everyone goes down a different life path
    as long as you're happy with your current situation it doesn't matter

• I can't answer that with a yes or no, because there is no right answer for this in my opinion. Everyone's situation is different.

• It depends on if you found the one. Don't want to rush it. I do hope to get married before I'm 30 though

• Why do you hope that? And what if you aren't married by that point?

• First of all it's different for guys, they usually get married way later than girls. And just because i want to have kids sometime soon too. If I'm not, then I'm not. Life will go on and the right person will come along when they're supposed to

• yea 30 and above is ideal

• and what if you aren't?

• no I said 30 and above so it s all cool

• anw I still need 4 years to finish my major
      not to count id I wanna do smthng extra or do urban planning whatever
      then to find a good job
      etc etc
      I need time to stabilize

• Fuck that.

• Ideally yes. But things don't work that way in real life. The purpose of marriage is finding someone to share your life with. If haven't found that person yet what's the point of marrying?

• Why is it 'ideal' to be married in your 30s?

• oh gawd.
      i'm telling u what society is preaching. Not everyone will party when they are in their 20s and not everyone will marry when they are 30.

• So why is going with society 'ideal?'

• get married when you are ready

• I want to be

• Not really. It's up to you if you want to

• By da age a person should have 2 to 3 kids lol the right age for marriage is 25 or 27

• Why is that the 'right' age to get married? And what if you aren't by that time?

• What if you aren't married by 30? Are you looked down on?

• No no not at all... unlike you if I had a choice I wouldn't even get married in the first place.,.. but I don't -.- 😭😭

What Guys Said 20

• No, if you have not met the right person you should not get married just because of your age no matter what your age is.

• Girl's should be married before hitting her 30s, for men... they still have some time before they choose to marry.

• yeah

• I think if you are past 30 it gets a lot harder to find a partner for the rest of your life. 30 seems to be the point where things get downhill and most are already in comitted relationships and those who aren't often are not for a reason.

• Hmm not by 30, but by 35 would be nice for myself

• no that's stupid
    get married whenever you feel ready for it and have the right partner. doesn't matter if you are 30, 40 or whatever

• Marrying too soon and ending up divorce makes you a bigger loser.

• I personally feel like it's a good idea to steer away from marriage in one's twenties.

• Everyone's life path is different

• It obviously depends on each persons individual life and situation. There's no magic number for marriage.

• No by the tie your in your 40's.

• No I don't think so

• You shouldn't be married in your teens, early 20's nor mid 20's.

• Dont jnow about married but id definitely want to be in a serious relationship by then

• I'm 30 in October, I'm fine with not being married. It happens when and IF it does.

• Hell no! No benefit for a man to get married.

• GET MARRIED TO YOURSELF FIRST!!!

• Yeah

• Hard to say. It depends who you want to marry I guess.

• I mean. Ya only losers don't get married in their 20s. cough.

• there's no reason to get married at all