Is nursing considered a prestigious thing or no? Even if it's from a good university?

This girl is marrying this guy who is not doing that well.

It made me wonder how she's doing, and I realized she's doing nursing.

What Guys Said 3

• Not really. When it comes to the medical field... either you go all the way (become a doctor) or don't even bother at all. But now that i think about it, doctor's do need "the help" from people like nurses, so they can pickup the slack they have no time to attend.

• I mean... do they get paid a lot, or are considered to be 'smart' people?

I sometimes feel like those with bad grades end up doing nursing, but that could just be my lack of real knowledge about hte profession

• Nope... you just need to know intermediate algebra, some chemistry (basic Chem), and biology. None of the pre-requisites are difficult. Average classes for an average person.

• Ah I see.

Makes sense.

• Nursing is tough and respected

• Is it really? I often find people with life science degrees that couldn't get them anywhere else end up doing a nursing program

• It's really tough hours, but nurses make pretty good money with the overtime

• i wouldn't consider nursing to be prestigious

• i do not consider nurses to be smart. i consider them to be lazy and simple.

• You can't generalize a person's character based on a profession?

Not ALL nurses are lazy.

It's okay to say they're simple, but not that they're lazy

• yeah thats fair. they are simple not lazy

What Girls Said 0