Is this good advice from my mum?

I remember I was talking to my mum about my 'friends' who did all kinds of things to make me miserable knowing I was going through a bad phase.

Her advice was: They were jealous girls, don't even call them friends. It's an insult to the word 'friend' to call girls who wanted to see you miserable a 'friend.'

I feel like... this was such a powerful sentence. They caused me so much pain and I could never understand what it was that I did to them in the first place.

Now I get it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's kind of a vicious circle, you grow up thinking your parents don't know anything or are oblivious to the changing world around them, then when you get older you realized they knew plenty and it was you who didn't know jack shit.

Funny how that works.

• Ha ha how can I even imagine that women get jealous to that extent?

You know this girl... she was bad at studies. I helped her out to the extent (she was my roommate) that if I hadn't assisted her in some of our quantitative courses she wouldn't even get the Business degree.

And some of the stuff she has done to me... I'll never forget this one instance where I was crying and she was sort of smiling. She was enjoying it.

She was always an ugly girl, but I never saw her that way. Seeing that side of her made me realize not only was she ugly on the outside, she was ugly in every which way of the word

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Your mom knows. Friends are supposed to lift each other up, never put each other down.

What Guys Said 1

• Friends go through ups and downs. It tends to be when the real stuff happens the good ones stay around. Not sure what else to say. You tend to be able to see the fake ones fairly quickly once you get older.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes as we grow older with wisdom we can see how right mom was! I look back now and I thought my parents were stupid and lame as a young teen! Now that I'm 31 my parents were right about everything! Even the unwanted advice!

• That's not even a question. It was perfect advice.