Do you find tech companies... delusional?

I mean, it seems like ever since the death of Steve Jobs, who was the only guy who actually turned crazy technology ideas into practical, profitable business products, the world seems to have entered a reality where they grab onto some cuckoo technology ideas which is just crap, but because they can't think of nothing else better, they actually start to believe it will be the future and change the world in the same way that the iPhone did. EVERYONE IS JUST TRYING TO BE THE NEXT iPhone...

For example:
3D TV? Nope, doomed from the first day I saw it, and thank god it is dead.
Curved TV? Yeah... No.
facebook Oculus Virtual Reality? Proof that Zuckerberg got lucky and couldn't actually come up with another good business idea.
Driverless Car? Google should stick to search engines.
Personal space travel, drones, electric cars, iWatch

I mean, these all feels like ultimately uncreative ideas that got investment because no one else has figured out what is the real great idea that will actually change the world. They feel like the future and great idea in the same way that the PDAs from the 90's was a "great idea" and "the future".

None of them are truly innovative ideas. The idea of driverless car, space travel, wearing a stupid thing around your eyes so you can't see anything around you, electric cars etc.
these are all ideas that has been around for decades, how can you call it innovation and think it is the future?

0|0
2|18

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Steve jobs didn't do a god damn thing. He was a pitch man, he sold the product he didn't code he didn't invent he stole the techonology and ideas of others (Steve woszniack for instance who invented the personal computer) and then sold it and took credit for it. He was the modern edison except even edison invented some things. In fact nothing apple did was inovative. The iphone was just a cell phone with some features found on computers, texting is just instant messager which itself is just an updated form of writing letters. ie the iphone was an updated idea but not an original one it was built off of everything else that came before it. So yeah, I think virtual reality beats that out as does space travel, by a long shot.

0|0
    0|0
    • and yet, I see no one lining up overnight to buy whatever product the virtual reality or space travel has to offer.

i. e. inferior to what Apple achieved when they launched the iPod and iPhone

• Show All
    • i am afraid the more you say, the more you expose your lack of intelligence.
      so, go right ahead if that's what you like.

"internet on a phone, we already had internet so clearly the iphone didn't do anything to.." <--

yeah... that above sentence really betrayed you, dumbass.
      and being so stupid as to stating what subjects you studied? that's retardedness on a whole new level man.

Internet on a phone. HAHA. That made my day.

• Yeah, I'm stupid. And apparently every person who has commented thus far, not you all of us are stupid.

What Girls Said 1

• Possibly because the technology is close at hand. By this point in time (2016), there are very few original ideas so it seems that actually making a previous idea a reality is innovative enough. Wtf, they're working with artificial intelligence on making music. That's a future that makes me ill.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• You sound like the type of guy (I could be wrong) that if Apple doesn't produce it, it's complete garbage. Guess what, Apple wasn't so innovative themselves. Microsoft had the first tablet. Apple just made it dumb enough for everyone to use.

0|4
    0|0
    • no i am not an apple fanboy.

i just don't like how VR and driverless cars are shit ideas that people keep polishing.

• driverless care is not innovative? you seem like a hater

for every succesful invention there are probably 1000s of failed of inventions.

0|1
    0|0
    • driverless car is not innovative. they have existed for 100 years.

they are called: taxi

• really... you do realize that someone taxis have drivers right? you do realize that driverless means there is no human driver right?

• really... you do realize that is a joke to point out the meaninglessness of a driverless car, right? And that a driverless car has NO value to rich people because they already have taxi and personal chauffeur for that purpose for the last 100 years..

also, a driverless car is like... a really stupid idea...

if the purpose of a driverless car is to move people from A to B without the person concentrating on directing the thing that is moving him... then... why do you need the CAR?

a driverless car is like as Henry Ford said, a faster horse.

a driverless mode of transport, does not have to be a car.

• Because now all those ideas* are actually practical. HG Wells foresaw strategic bombing and nuclear propulsion, so I guess Igor Sikorsky and Ross Gunn ripped him off?

By the way, did you laugh at the Segway, which was touted as an idea that actually would change the world and totally hasn't?

*Personal space travel... meaning your own shuttlecraft? Or an Ironman suit?

0|1
    0|0
    • see, technology catching up to an idea is a bad recipe for innovation and success.
      most of the time, the blockbusters come from putting together what's available now in a way that no one has before, that is where innovation comes from. (If you want technology to catch up to an idea, you get something like wind or solar technology, it won't die away but it will never get anywhere meaningful either)

take Uber: finding a cab + smartphone connectivity = success
      Google: search engine + citation = success
      Google Ad: keywords + auction = success
      Facebook: yearbook + internet = success (epic failure of humankind if you ask me)

Now, Amazon and Tesla, on the other hand, is a case of technology catching up to an idea.
      And I really can't say they are a success. Amazon has been around for 20 years and I don't know anyone who call themselves an Amazon fanboy. As Tesla, let's just say, they are not the next Mercedes or Ferrari. More like the next Segway.

• Uber is a success because it's cheaper than a taxi. Taxi locator apps have been around for a while (Hailo was one) but Uber is cheaper because they don't have the same requirements for their drivers that proper taxis do, such as insurance, a taxi licence, or the always expensive medallion needed to operate in a city.

As for Tesla, the electric car has been viable in some form or other for a very long time, but has been squashed by the existing establishment (automotive companies and oil companies) wanting to maximize their profits. Tesla just happens to make a really good electric car.

• Hey, driverless cars are pretty fucking rad. Their sensors can pick up the right swerve way better than any human can.

0|1
    0|0
  • Reported by nonsense lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol apple died with Steve Jobs, they're just making his idea bigger and smaller every year, the man was a genius indeed.

Google had something with glass (something i'd legit use) but that tanked.

0|0
    0|0
  • pda's are the way of the future... what do you think a smartphone is?

no idea is truly innovative considering most technology used on the daily has been around since ww2.

you don't hear about original ideas because they're not economically viable for mass distribution, or manufacturing or materials haven't caught up.

0|0
    0|0
    • oh please don't cheapen the smartphone into a modern-pda, will you?
      no one saw the iPhone coming, otherwise Nokia and Motorola would have done something, wouldn't they?

i am talking about how all these delusional driverless VR glasses ideas are the contemporary equivalent of the PDA in the 90's.

Shit product, wrong timing, completely clueless about what the consumer desires.
      i. e. ultimately shit

• Show All
    • if Google driverless car has an asshole, you will be licking it and eating the shit coming out of it

• I have an iphinev

• There are very very few technologies that make it to consumers in the Northern Hemisphere, that hasn't been around for a decade or more. For instance, in 15 years, cell phones will be using a technology called orbital angular momentum division multiplexing. When it's released, it'll be given a cool sounding name and touted as brand new even though we know how to do it now.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you think technological progress isn't clearly happening extremely rapidly then you are the delusional one

0|1
    0|0
  • dude the driverless car tech is actually quite good. Several car companies are already planning on incorporating it over the next decade. It's been proven to reduce the number of roadside accidents and there's a good bit of demand for the technology to go mainstream. Some ideas are bad, yes, while others are quite feasible. You just sound a bit snooty

0|0
    0|0
  • Tech companies... delusional? To be honest, I kinda find a LOT of companies to be delusional, not just tech companies.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you would have said something about that steerless segway that they call hoverboard (why?) then i would have something to agree on. but i think that curved computer monitors are a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jobs was the best thing for Apple. Other than that, I hate apple

Yeah, most of the new tech is stupid. I never liked 3D anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's innovation when you make it work. Anyone can have an idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • All of this tech companies and other are bullshit. I have a real buisness idea. It's opening a pussy licker club. Just imagine men come to the club for licking pussy and pay for that. Really good idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • VR and driverless cars are coming, it's a matter of -when-.

Its not like nobody thought of a portable music player, a gui or having an internet browser on your cell phone before steve jobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • All Steve Jobs was good at was tricking a gullible public into buying unnecessarily expensive products for the status symbol boost.

0|0
    0|0