How can I feel better about being unemployed?

I've applied to a few places but I haven't got a response yet😞 I'm use to working and making money, going to school and getting good grades etc. Right now all I do is wake up, apply for jobs, and feel extremely bored😔. It's also getting in the way of my social life because going out takes money. How can I shake the blues that is coming over me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am in exactly the same boat as you, I was a contractor, and the company I worked for had sudden and unexpected cutbacks. Permanent staff with much longer and more loyal service histories than I abruptly found themselves without a job, whereas I, who had been groomed for a permanent spot of my own (they liked my skillset), was suddenly not coming back in the following Monday.

Anyway, the advice I was given from another contractor who was also about to end his tenure, was to keep up a good routine, making sure that you keep some time in your schedule for yourself.

Get up at a reasonable time (as if you were going to work), drink coffee, check your emails, make calls. If you have interviews or meetings or events, go to them. If not, at least once a week, get out of the house during the day and do something! Go to the gym, go for a walk, clear your head and enjoy fresh air and a change of scenery. Don't continue job searching into the evening, eventually draw a line under it and enjoy some leisure.

Register with as many agencies as you can, they get permanent roles as well as temporary ones. I don't know where you live, but the government often operates job centres and websites too. Get your resume and covering letter in peak condition.

• Thanks for MHO. I had my first interview since my unexpected departure today, fingers crossed for you (and me)

• That's great! I'm praying & believing that you will get hired really, really soon! I went in for an interview after I wrote that and I got the job! All the best to u!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps a Temp Agency that could put You Touch with Full time Employment that eventually would Put you on That Pay Roll with A... Response.
    For now, Keep Going and Flowing. Something is Bound to come up, I can just feel it. You have come Too far to Not have Something Pop Up one day.
    Good luck. xx

• Aww thank you!🙂🙂

• I don't know who u are but thank you so much for lifting my spirits up that day. Believe it or not I got a phone call later on that SAME day to come in for an interview this week and I got the job! Thanks for ur
      optimistic comments!

• Thank you for your own Vote of Confidence, sweetie, and happy to help.. Happy too that i could be your Good "God loving" Good Lord Lucky Charm and Good luck. I never gave up on you, you went too far to Not get the job done. xxoo

What Guys Said 18

• Well you just have to enrich yourself, don't be me, invest in a life outside your work. Consider bike riding, volunteer work, political action, or any of a range of free activities. When you do get a job save as much as you can so you have some party money if you stop working. Remember that universal income experiments are starting up and in the next 50 years most of the jobs will be eliminated. It all comes down to activity and and enriching your life even when you don't feel like it.

• Gotta just keep your head up, oh
    I know it's hard, know its hard
    To remember sometimes,
    But you gotta keep your head up, oh

Try doing some volunteer work, it'll make you feel good about yourself because you're being productive, plus it'll help strengthen your resume. Go to your local library, lots of times they have resume building classes. Sure, you might already know everything about resumes, but it never hurts to brush up. And you never know you might learn something new. And, of course don't forget to talk to people, as a political science professor I had was fond of saying, life is a contact sport. You never know who you might bump into who might know someone who can help you out. Good luck!

• I was in this situation. I applied to university (I start September) to give myself a boost knowing their is an end to the board retinue. I suggest you do the same. Volunteer for a charity. Do something that means you aren't stuck at home.

In the end I found a job and still plan on taking my university place but it took months. The longest I have been without work was about 9 months. It was horrible.

• Find a job is a full-time job. Being bored and stressing yourself out over the situation may make it seem like you're working hard but you probably aren't otherwise you would have gotten a job offering. That, or you need to improve your interview skills and possibly your resumes.

• Expand you limits on where you are applying. I dont know what kind of work you are going for, but if you need money or are running out of money then apply places that you usually wouldn't. I know that I hated working at resturaunts for a long time, but when I was unemployed it was a stable job that allowed me to continue looking for other jobs while also making some money.

• Just keep applying. Make it a point to send out applications every single day. Soon enough, something will pop.

• You can form your own business. I'm currently working a little while going to school. I'm forming my own business in couple years.

• I'm similar to you too but I'm trying to find a job that I went to school for so it's a bit harder. I do go out for a walk to the park meet my buddies up and smoke some weed and play soccer or basketball or frisby. It's dependant on you.

• Just keep focused and positive, worst case scenario is that (just for the time being) use public assistance till you do land a job

• Just stay upbeat and you'll get something. Just be positive, it will all work out👍

• This is a great time to get in shape.

Exercise is the must under-used antidepressant there is.

• I had to stop working in the spring because it got too much with school. Had a great semester but had to quit my job. I'm doing some bouncing gigs again on weekends but still looking for something more stable myself.

• Well are you getting new scripts in or no.

• Get a job

• Chin up!

...

You're part of the problem.

• Bound them call everyday until you get a interview

• Well we can't do much in reality but we can give you a shoulderto cry on and perhaps raise your morale and give you motivation.
    Try other methods perhaps dear.
    Talk to people at gatherings anywhere and anytime.
    Don't assume what people will think, most folks will actually feel privileged and like it if you approach them unless one is a beggar.

• By remembering it is not personal and you are not the only one that can't find a job. I mean this in a nice way.

What Girls Said 4

• You gotta apply to a lot of places. When I was in high school I applied to 100 places in just one summer and still didn't get a job. But you just have to keep doing it. Do it until you get hired it's the only way. Also, if you don't have much experience don't apply at places like professional salons or restaurants because they won't hire you. Go to somewhere like your local grocery store or fast food place and speak I the manager directly. (Wear nice clothes) and be really outgoing. And say you're looking for some part time work and give them your resume it helps if you have a parent or someone to look over it for you. Make sure you have your full name and contact info on it. And if you don't hear back within a few weeks, stop in again or call them and ask if they have had time to look over your resume and show them how much you really want a job. Also, you're first few jobs will probably be rough. You'll have crappy hours and have to wear a uniform and deal with annoying customers but just pull through it at least for high school and university just enough to get yourself through schooling and such and you'll work your way to a better job

• My mom always told us when we were younger that looking for a job was a full time job in and of itself.

Find a hobby or something. Go to the gym. Most cities have rec centers you can o to that only have a very small annual fee.

• get a waitressing job or something while your waiting for whatever job you want so you'll have some extra spending money.

• I've never ever gotten a job and so wanna work and i always feeling down and i never ever get a response from the job that i reallly wanna work at, my friends dont care about nothing about barely talk to me. it sucks :( looking for jobs is what i do the most than anything i dont even get to see my friends not that i should even call them that at all. i wanna be out there doing something much better than doing this to, everything costs money when comes to having any fun