Facebook help needed?

Can you send a message to someone that you only follow on Facebook that they will actually see? There isn't the button to send a friend request just follow.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• You can send a message to anyone. The only difference now, that Facebook has done is if you're not friends with someone, it send the message into their inbox. But, it goes into a "message requests" folder. So, unless the person pays attention to it, they'll never know you sent them a message. I didn't know about it myself, on mobile, that I had a message from someone from a couple of months prior. Since we weren't friends, I had to accept the message requests in order for us to correspond.

• i have a pafe like that on friends profile it does not have a add friend button but i can still message them and it dies not say we are freinds. and they reply often. i think its a face book glitch

• they have closed the option for adding, and messaging. so no you can't, unless they do