If finding the cure to cancer and saving thousands of lives meant killing your only child would you allow doctors to go through with the procedure?

• Yes
  • No
Please feel free to explain your reasoning
I need at least 100 people on this

Most Helpful Guy

• No, fuck that! They can find some other kid!

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't believe so, because either way someones going to die. People die of many things excluding cancer, it's important to catch it easy o but I know shit happens and sometimes that doesn't happen. But my child is my child, yes the cure can save many people but at the end of the day I gave birth to my child, i'm not going to take their life away.

What Guys Said 12

• No.
    While I do believe in the greater good in many ways, I have an emotional commitment to my child, and despite being a logical thinker, and knowing that society needs this help, neither my emotional commitment, nor my morals, would allow this to happen.
    They can find another way.

• Cancer will never be cured. The Adamaic Curse is multi-fold. Death cannot be destroyed. Even if we were to find some way to ensure cancer in all its forms never happened again, some new disease would simply take its place.

Every time we destroy a disease, five new ones take its place. That's how it's always been. Child sacrifice only breeds more death. And if the doctors failed to find a cure, then an innocent child died for nothing.

Also, every nation that has ever started tolerating child sacrifice, has paid for it in unexpected ways, and suffered disaster if not total ruin.

Exchange theology is one of the oldest theological fallacies in human existence. But thinking that "Science" will relent and give us a magic cure for all forms of cancer if we sacrifice just one child is as futile as sacrificing a child in exchange for fair sailing winds.

Such is also the folly of imagining that having an abortion will automatically lead to prosperity. More often than not, it makes the woman's path to true poverty arrive even faster than she imagined. Especially when she is rendered infertile and has no children to look after her in her old age.

It is not lightly nor arbitrarily that the Bible condemns such practices.

• Also, for the eugenics crowd that loves to make these arguments:

orig10.deviantart.net/.../...eschafsta-d372rcc.jpg

"You'll never stop at one!!!"

• @Waffles731: Sacrificing himself, with blood not tainted by the Curse, paying the debt of a crime and therefore, pardoning the criminals, cannot be equated to beings under the curse being massacred because of a superstitious belief that the gods can be bribed with blood.

You're trolling, aren't you?

• I think he's trolling too I just didn't give him the answer he wanted so now he's being stupid

• I couldn't care less about the rest of the world. And if anyone insists I'll introduce them to my good friend 9x19mm Parabellum.

• Lol. You let your gun do your talking. 🍑

• @Melcart23 I'm a peaceful person but some people understand only cold lead.

• I guess I could understand that. I just think guns are uncalled for

• I'm a selfish bastard, so no.

• How old is the child. if they are under sixteen no, and if they are over sixteen and is volunteering to die by medical research, then yes

• Its self sacrifice in that case, if they are willing to die for their fellow man to stop this,
      Then its their choice and a heroic one at that.
      It means that the very last person to earn their angel wings from cancer is my child.

• "My answer to skeptisim is always the same."
      I'm not a skeptic,
      I'm not a christian,
      I believe in ghosts, demons, souls, an afterlife, a god, spirits,

• If you don't believe in the bible you're a skeptic... Anyway that isn't the point. I'm sorry you're dealing with a lot and I'm happy you've found something that works for you

• Are you serious about this? It's like someone is trying to blackmail me.

• The game of sacrifice is for children.

• No wtf!

• It sounds terrible, but cancer is one of the top killer diseases in the world. What would happen if it WAS cured? Ecosystems need apex predators for a reason.

• Because I'm selfish. I'll let many strangers die if it meant not killing my own child

• no such thing will ever happen, so no need to answer this question.
    if your worried about stem cell research thats not how it works.

• No it's just a scenario that mimics the one in the last of us

• wow! i play that game, and that scenario didn't occur to me until you mentioned it, and she didn't have cancer it was a mutant Cordyceps fungus

• Those other kids are fucked, because I have no obligation to any kids other than my own

What Girls Said 10

• It depends. I'd let my child decide. If he/she is below 10 years old, no. If he/she is 11+, I would explain the situation to them and allow them to decide. I won't take away their life if they don't consent.

• Yea what @Waffles731 said.

If it's their choice at 16 or older

• How about the doctor killing you instead of your kid? I'd be perfectly fine with that.

• 1 life for the lives of many. so yes

• Would you tell them exactly what's going on or will you lie to them and let them go in peace?

• I think of it like a life for a life, just because I did what I had to doesn't mean I still get to live after

• @Waffles731 suicide is not the answer to everything. Honestly you're spirituality and nosing around this topic is completely out of place at this point. Kudos to you, you've officially become annoying and overbearing with your beliefs... *sigh* I encourage everyone to ignore him

• humanity doesn't work that way and god why come up with such awful scenarios?

• God would do it in a heartbeat,
      He had his only child die in the most horrific way possible,

• What is the paper on may I ask

• @Waffles731 I'm not exactly sure yet but it's in the how far will parents go to protect their children/pathos often supersedes logos in the sense that the emotional bond is stronger than rational thought/protectiveness is an evolutionary trait area

• No because I would be selfish in this matter.

• No they always say that they are so close to finding the cure to cancer, well guess what they never were and they never will, cause cancer is un curable. So why take your childs life away just for the cure of cancer is BS, cause what if they can't then another life is loss for no good reason

• I completely understand what you're saying but in this scenario this is it like the real cure to cancer. Your child's death would %100 be saving thousands of other children and people with cancer. It would be hard for me to decide because cancer runs in my family I know what it's like to lose people to it and my child could end all the suffering

• I don't know it will be hard to decidw to take nour childs life away or and up losing ! millions to camcer

• Hell no! I will never sacrifice my child even if I had to pick between me or them.

• Not trying to be sexist lol but do you believe men are more likely to sacrifice their children?

• Me without a child I'll give them up no questions asked, but in the moment I'm not sure.

• No I think they've found a cure they're just withholding it for population control