It looks like I'm going to be out of anti-depressants for a few days, Any suggestions on how to manage the feeling awful about myself for a few days?

I ran out and there was a stupid perscription mixup.
Also I apologize in advance If I'm a little bit of an asshole these next couple of days,
But yeah, the last time I ran out it got bad, any suggestions on how to deal with this

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• If you use the same pharmacy all the time, have a conversation with the pharmacist.
    Most will allow regulars to owe them a prescription for a regular medication, especially for something such as an anti-depressant. When you get the new prescription, give it to the pharmacist and all will be well.
    There really is no substitute for the prescription drug, although if you search the US Food and Drug Administration medical trial database www.pubmed.com you will find that there is evidence that a big daily dose of fish oil (at least 8,000 mg) will reduce the symptoms of mild to moderate depression.
    Depression aside, a dose of 8,000 mg of fish oil per day will do wonders for your overall health.

What Girls Said 15

• Go to your "happy place."
    (Just kidding. I know that when I was depressed, I probably would of told that person if they said that to me to go f#ck themselves.)

But there is some seriousness to that...
    -Try to go places that are positive and be more around positive people. (So, if you feel stressed at all, feel free to excuse yourself.)
    -Keep yourself busy. Do whatever makes you happier and/or doesn't let your mind wander.
    -Relax. Take a break from GAG if you have to.
    -Remind yourself that your meds will come. When I was depressed, reminding myself about "the light at the end of the tunnel" helped.

Now, this is controversial, and I personally don't smoke, but
    -Smoke weed

Hope I helped:)

• My friend took anti-depressants and if she missed them or ran out she became a bitch. What really helped was holding her hand and just talking to her one on one instead of our entire friend group. She'd be a major bitch but I'd talk to her by myself instead of letting the group talk to her, and she'd need to calm down a lot; so I'd have her color.

If you feel as if you are about to blow up in anger, break down in depression etc. I suggest you stop with some deep breathes and begin coloring or drawing. Focusing on something creative like that usually helps people to calm down.
    If you need anything just PM me okay?

• Not sure if you want to come out of pocket, or where you're from, but they have ever tried Gaba? You can get it an places like The Wellness Tree or a GNC. It helps with stress, anxiety, sleep, and depression and its a natural and safe product. Lots of back and forth on if it works, but I take it for sleep and it definitely makes a difference. My sister uses it for anxiety and loves it, and a few of our docs recommend it to their patients. I think it's like 16 dollars or something.

• No, the problem is with the doctor not the money.
      I need a perscription to get mine medication but there was a mix up on that end

• Oh no, well hopefully they get it squared away.

• Out of curiosity, which medication is it? Depending on what antidepressant it is, you may not feel that bad. A lot of them take several weeks to filter from your system, so a few days won't necessarily result in a massive change. I've gone off fluoxetine before, and it sometimes takes over a week for me to notice a difference.

If it does make a change though, I'd say the best thing to do is be patient with yourself. Remind yourself that you feel this way because of the lack of medication, and that it will pass. Also, just try to do things that you enjoy.

• Stay home. Don't talk to anyone, don't go to the shops. Fill your time with things you like, like tv show you like, exercise, activities, hobbies etc.

• Maybe try to limit your time alone and plan activities for those few days until you can get your prescription fixed. If you don't give yourself the opportunity to be an asshole, you might not be able to be an asshole. Also being cognizant of how you reacted previously can help you react in a better way this time. Hopefully you won't do too poorly.

Physical exercise can help, as well as eating well and getting enough sleep. I have an anxiety disorder so I don't know how to help depression specifically but most mindfulness techniques will still apply.

Good luck dude.

• Try to limit your your contact with humanity, they make it even harder. It may be possible to go to the emergency room and explain what happened... only problem is you'd have to say you felt suicidal and then they'd keep you for observation :/

• Oh no! The withdrawal is the worst I find but I hope you don't get that too much. Just take proper care of yourself, eat properly and sleep properly. Not much else you can do really.

• I'd suggest listening to a lot of music. I know that definitaly helps my friend when she's depressed, and she's doing fine now, so I suggest trying music

• Robitussin

• Work out, stay busy, and go out and socialize with people. It always works for me.

• meditate?
    I don't know really... good luck

• First of all it takes sometimes a week or two for antidepressants to take effect and the opposite is true that sometimes it takes a week to lose the entire effect so you're sort of good for the next few days. Not taking them and feeling like crap immediately is in your head it's not really the lack of antidepressant medicine in the brain. Drink a lot of milk, eggs cheese pineapple salmon turkey all have a lot of tryptophan in them. Get to sleep early. Exercise

• The worst part for me coming off is upset stomach and feeling dizzy. Lemon ginger tea, chicken soup, low lights and soothing music, cool cloths on the head all are in my toolkit. Also, download a few guided meditations for if you get anxious.

• I let myself get out of mine for about 5 days. I just got them refilled. For the last 3 days... I have been in a depression.

What Guys Said 3

• Just ride it out. It's only a few days. No one important cares if you're a mope for a few days...

• Weightlifting and exercise are natures painkillers and antidepressants.

• stop bein depressed. your gonna spend your life relying on pills? cmon man.

• Yes I am going to take medication my whole life to help me regulate my own faulty brain chemistry