Do you cry over pets when they pass away?

I don't actually cry but I still get kinda sad. I've had many cats but most of them run away so I don't feel l that bad because at least I kno they're living. Tbh I try to avoid pets to not get sad over a pet. How about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I cry over animals dying who weren't even my pets if i liked them (say a stray cat). I'm ok if they run away, then ill just be sad, but i love animals so if they die then i die too lol

What Girls Said 17

• I never had a pet, but my Mom used to have German shepherds and when they passed away she would cry, that's why she doesn't want us to get a pet because she doesn't want them to die under her roof and feel guilty even if it's a goldfish lol.
    My Mom cries when a plant dies in our house <3

• I only did that 2 times in my life

my first pet dog spike. He lived for 9 human years. I got him as a puppy when I was born as a gift. He was my first friend and it really hurt. The 3rd dog was vicious murdered , someone stabbed him multiple times and seeing him howling in pain, hurt me. After that I adjusted and accept that animal life is fragile especially more so for animals and I dont cry amymore.

• i probably will, but i dont want to think about it. i haven't witnessed a pet dying yet.

• Well, I cry even when a dog in a movie dies... So all the more, if they're a pet cos (to me) pets are family <3

• Well I grew up around pets, and I don't really remember crying over them but I recently had to give my cat away to a shelter, I cried 6 days and still very sad over it that I had to give him away. I think if he's not adopted soon, he'll be euthanized and that's when I'll really go insane. I love animals.

• I definitely have. They become members of the family.

• if it was my pet.. obviously.. I'd be crushed if I had a dog and he passes away..

• How can you help but be sad and cry? They are a family member only there to love and be loved by.

• I probably will, if my cats die, knowing that she is old enough.

• Of course, I had a dog die a few years back and i was rlly devastated

• I bawled when we found my poor dog dead last summer.

• yes I do they are my family

• Yes, I couldn't stop crying when my bunny passed away last year

• Umm not really...

• EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    I've wasted so many tears over dead pets, I could create my own ocean.

• Yes and I'm a tough girl. Love animals too much

• Well I never actually lost a pet but when I do the water works are bound to start.

What Guys Said 12

• I did when our cat died because he was the most awesome mate you could have.

• Depends on the person, whether loosing pets or family, some people cry some are sad some crack jokes, each having a different way of dealing with the death. Sometimes i may cry but mostly just miss them and fairly sad, used to not cry at all but over the years I've found myself crying now and then

• Omg the joking one is so me lol but I just do that because I don't want anyone to suspect I'm as sad over a dumb animal

• Its ok, animals have more human behaviors then people expect, similar personalities, tastes, likes and dislikes. Being attached to someone or a pet then loosing them will cause strong emotions. No matter how much we dont want it to. Its a part of our subconscious reckoning with the loss and closure of never being able to see them again or be with them again until death. Some people even act out in rage or fear when someone or a pet dies, its not as common but it is there.

• the only times I can remember having cried in the last 13 years was when my pets passed away. but not with everyone

• I don't even cry over humans it's not that I'm heartless and don't care I just seem to deal and cope different than most.

• I cried a lot. My black cat died this year and I've known him since 2001, my childhood.

And I don't cry often, but I was just sobbing to death.

• Pets, especially dogs become a member of your family for many years and so yes it made me cry that i had to let her go

• Yes. That's the only time I cry, EVER, in life. Not at funerals, but pets dying.

• Yeah, some of them. The ones I'll really miss.

• cried when my cat died after 17 years

• Damn the longest a cat has lived that I owned was 3 years lol that must be hard after 17 years

• yea it sucked. held her while they administered the shot to put her to sleep...

she didn't look peaceful once gone... tongue hanging out of her mouth n all. death isn't pretty.

• No it isn't :( but unfortunately its something we have to deal with in life

• Yes of course.

• no, i only feel down

• Nope, i don't. We all have to die, human or animal were you.