Are you personally okay with 5 hours of sleep?

Kind of got in a bad habit and have been sleeping late. My body has been in a rhythm to wake up at 4:30am-5am for the past 5 years lol. No matter what time I go to sleep I almost always wake up at at that time to go prep my meals and train. Last three days I have gotten 5 hours.. first day I felt like shit.. second day felt alright.. today I feel alright again. I remember in high school if I didn't get 8-9 hours I'd feel like shit for the whole day.

Most Helpful Girl

• i HATE running on 5 hours sleep. worst shit. i wake up and i feel half passed out the whole day, my eyes feel heavy and I'm usually grumpy.

i make sure to get 7-9 hours sleep.

Most Helpful Guy

• Welcome to my life. 4-5 hours is my norm, and 6 is being when I sleep "long". But I suppose it's a side effect of my high energy level.. Oh well. Less sleep = more day = more time to train. ^.^

What Girls Said 25

• I can usually deal with 5 hours of sleep. I wake up energized and ready to go but after about 8 hours or so it catches up to me and I start to feel sluggish and tired.

• I feel bad if I only get 5 hours of sleep. My body needs at least 7 to 8 hours each night. But sometimes insomnia happens and I can't sleep all night. Usually I have no issues getting to bed, it's staying asleep that is the problem. I'll wake up and think about something that happened or might happen and it stresses me out :P

Or just having lots of stuff on my mind or knowing I'll have a super busy day can disrupt my sleep. I find as I get older it gets worse. But I think as a person gets older the less sleep they need. You aren't growing as much as you did as a child, so that might be why you feel better than when you were in high school.

• I'm the opposite, used to sleep like that in HS and now I sleep more.
    I used to be very tired but had much better grades lol

• I'm the same right now, can't cope if I don't get like at least 6/7 hours sleep, bare minimum. If not it leaves me in a killer mood to say the least.

• Lol yeah I can understand. When I was going through some training last year I was averaging like 4 hours a night. The training lasted 9 months.. I was legit felt like I was on a period for 9 months lmfao.

• Yeah that's me lol.

• Yay you're back!

• I usually sleep around 6 hours because of school. sometimes i sleep less but i have gotten used to it, so it isn't as bad anymore. I feel the best when i get 8 hours of sleep though, otherwise i tend to get a little tired at the end of the day.

• No. I need 7 hours typically

• As long as I get 6 hours sleep a night I am good. I get up around 3:30 and head to the gym.

• I can get through the day with 5 hours, even 3. I have trouble falling asleep at night.

• I don't sleep much, but in order to be fully functioning for the next day, I need at least 7 hours of sleep.

• I get about 2-4 hours a day. Anything more than 6 (which is a luxury that happens once a week), makes me more sluggish than if I hadn't slept at all.

• Nope that will fuck with my adhd/asd (autism) so my symptoms of it will be bad even with medication. I won't be able to think at all and have no idea what I'm doing half of the time.

• I'm the same way!! No matter what time I go to sleep I wake up around 5:30. It's a curse but a blessing. You get so much more accomplished in the morning

Usually I'm okay with it but if I get tired I'll just go to bed early that night and I feel fine. It doesn't all catch up to me.

• I think it's more of a blessing. I'm definitely a morning person. I like the idea of being ahead of most people in the day. Definitely get more done like this. Been doing a couple late night bouncing gigs and it's been throwing me off though.

• Yeah I'm currently getting only 4-5 hours but working 9 hours and have a 2 hour commute total. I'm exhausted by the time I get home.
    I could get more sleep if I went directly to sleep when I got home but that would be ridiculous haha

• Lol.. a two hour commute? That is ridiculous.

• Being in socal I'm used to traffic everywhere I go. Literally everywhere lol. Nothing but tree hugging priuses and smart cars too. Wish I can just run them over with my truck sometimes. Train does seem like the better alternative.

• Hahaha!

• no I need at least 7-8 hours of sleep... but I don't usually get it..

• Five hours of sleep is totally fine for me typically. I can function without feeling exhausted.

• Eh yeah. It's quite the norm for me. I'd like to sleep for longer though

• Not really, if I get 5 hrs sleep, it just means that sometime during the day, am gonna fall asleep.

• I can do it but not for a long period of time I get emotional when I'm extremely tired. The most I've been able to do is 6 days with 16 hours of sleep. It didn't turn out very well.

• No honestly I need at least 7 hours otherwise I feel tired all day. My body is used to getting a lot of sleep, and with the heavy workouts I do every single day, I can't afford to sleep less.

• Do heavy workouts too. I'm not trying to actively trying to put on muscle right now.. just maintain so I don't think it's affecting me too much. I do feel tired though.

• I'm trying to put on muscle lol. On the top of that I'm planning to go on a hiking trip were we'll do some moutain climbing, so rn I have climbing courses every other day and I can tell you it's not easy on the body loll. Why don't you readjust ur schedule?

• I need about nine hours of sleep to feel human. Around finals, I generally run on six. It's not good for me, but it works for short periods.

• I'd get 8 and 9 hours of sleep.

• I get about 5 hours everyday. I'm not ok with it. Always so tired, and grumpy.

• Duh, Wake your other roid jockhead friend and go pick on someone

• No I need my nap time haha, I'm like a cat. Teenagers do need more sleep so it makes sense that you don't sleep for as long now, but 7-ish hours is definitely more desirable

What Guys Said 17

• Ehh I tend to be a tad tired if I only get 5 hours I generally aim for 6 ideally, maybe 7.

Well Arnold said in his 6 rules to success.
    I've always figured out that there are 24 hours a day. you sleep six hours and have 18 hours left. Now, I know there are some of you out there that say well, wait a minute, I sleep eight hours or nine hours. Well, then, just sleep faster, I would recommend.

https://youtu.be/LVcbWcRykrI

• No, it's not good for me. I get more and more run down.

• No. I get tired towards the evening if I get less than ~8 hours.

• I often go with just 2-3 hours and yeah still function alright, I dont think im even able to sleep longer than 5-6hours at times no matter how hard I try.

• You were in the marines right (I respect you for that actually.)
    That sounds like a problem my dad had when he got out of the military. He would always wake up at five in the morning, now more than ten years later he cannot sleep past eight in the morning and that is sleeping in

• Thanks bro. I mean it's not necessarily a bad thing. I think it's more beneficial to wake up really early like this. Much more productive and get more accomplished through the day. It does get kind of annoying when I go out late with friends or something.

• I usually only get 5-6 hrs... it's good enough for the morning but after some time I feel like shit. I really should change it

• I'd seriously suggest getting enough sleep. You feel alright now, lack of sleep among other things also causes Cognitive Impairment. Somebody who trains should not be skipping on sleep, I'm sure you've been told that many times.

• Yeah I realize it's not good what I'm doing as far as training. I'm more so maintaining then trying to put on more muscle right now so I don't think it is affecting me dramatically. Since I usually do get a lot of sleep.

• I need at least 6hrs, or I will be a caffeine junkie the whole day. :-P

• Lol, no. I need my beauty sleep or else I die.

• Not at all! But does it happen? Yes, from time to time

• Yeah that's what I usually sleep sometimes 3 hrs but less than that I will fade during the day lol

• I need 7 or 8, or i start flipping tables and people.

• Apparently not sleeping a minimum of 7 hours each night reduces life expectancy.

• I think 5 hours isn;t enough

• It varies.

• No, I am not.

I work afternoon shift so I don't need an alarm to wake up its awesome.

Your body feels good, you eat healthier, you lose weight, your memory is good.

I notice people who don't sleep that much start to get memory problems and make more mistakes.

• Need to be gettin at least 8 a nite dere brah