Is it easy for you to forgive others?

Before answering think of someone you really had a hard time with and ask yourself if you really ever forgave them and explore how difficult it was to do so. I am not asking if you can ignore slights from others who are complete strangers.

#noonereadsthisanyway

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and No!

I forgive people easily and let them make mistakes over and over again. The average person would not forgive someone after they make the same mistake three or so times but I forgive them even if they make it like 20, 30 if not like 50 times but after that I make it so hard to forgive. I guess because I give them more opportunities to make mistakes then others so once it hits the limit then it's incredibly hard to forgive. I'm more than happy to get them out of my life.

Don't know if that made sense. It was kinda hard to explain

Most Helpful Guy

• Um... easier than it used to be.

What Girls Said 24

• Yes, for the most part. I think I'm a fairly forgiving person. I don't hold grudges and I'm usually able to get over things pretty quickly. That doesn't mean I forget though if someone hurts me, it just means I am willing to move on and forgive them because I don't want to hold onto bad feelings.

• Forgiveness is required only when painful events occurs. Humans learn best by negative reinforcement, specifically to avoid repeatable events.

Which makes forgiveness or a re-establishment of trust considerably difficult when the person has already been subconscious/consciously identified as a risk/threat.

Relationships are similar, which makes true forgiveness difficult. Complicated issues like forgiveness are as simple as a fork in a socket.

I don't think it is forgiving which is so difficult, I think it is what happens next, accepting.

• I can forgive, but I never forget. I forgive because I don't have it in my heart to hold so much hatred. I'm just not good at staying mad for long periods of time. I break down after a while. I never forget what a person has done though and I certainly keep it on record in case they screw up again.

• i can forgive easy and move on from my anger, but it's hard to forget the scar it left.

i know, i know. I'm going. -.-

• Super easy, I never hold grudges.
    I literally forgave a friend who betrayed me the next day lol.

• Its hard

• I guess it depends on what they did. Overall I'm a very forgiving person. There's certain things that I will never forget. If they hurt me for example. I'm the type of person that can forgive but will never forget.

• no it' not easy for me..

• Not super easy but I always forgive them eventually, I never forget it though.

• Yes. I'm very quick to forgive.

• If it was something heart-breaking.
    It is easy to forgive but not that easy to forget.

• Depends on what it is that I'm forgiving. I tend to hold a grudge.

• i find it really easy to forgive others

“Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.”
    ― Jonathan Lockwood Huie

• i have never been able to forgive some one who has done me wrong i just over look it

• Sometimes I think that I should not forgive those who hurt me emotionally or financially, but everytime I forget to keep it in mind. So forgiveness on my part has become regular and normal.

• No. I'm somewhat a bitch and can't let things go that easily.

• no I find it very difficult to forgive but I try very hard to because it benefits me to let it go

• In general no not for my friends or family and family members it is hard for me to forgive them cause I had been hurt so many times by them that it makes it harder and harder to forgive them. It is always hard for me to forgive

• I forgive but don't forget.

• It actually depends on the person anyway.

• Yes, I never can be angry to a person more than 10 min so

• No, which makes me a terrible human-being.

• My early life was filled with dysfunction, so my choices were learn forgiveness or spontaneously combust with rage. It can be very difficult, though, and take plenty of time.

Though forgiveness isn't the same as forgetting and being the exact same as if an incident didn't happen. Especially if the person is still a danger to you physically or emotionally.

• It used to be more difficult when I was younger, but I learnt that life is too short to hold grudges, I like to be at peace with everyone

What Guys Said 16

• i can definitely forgive. it's much easier to forgive when someone shows genuine remorse and is apologetic though

• No. If the things done against me were intentional good luck in gainining my forgiveness, you may never have it.

• If I can actually remember what they did to piss me off then I generally won't forgive them.

• no its very very hard for me to forgive someone, who i love very much, but in the end i forgive them or either cut them off from my circle

• Depends on what they did, but for the most part yes it is somewhat easy.

• In 99% yes. There are only few extreme incidents where it isn't.

• no fuck people, there is only one chance for most.

• If you really love the person (i. e. a girlfriend) then yes depending on what it was she did then I could probably forgive.

• I wouldn't say it's easy, but it's something I know, as a Christian, I have to do.

• Too often i fear them doing that again

• No. People just won't take anything serious with me anymore if I just forgive them easily.

• Yeah, I'm not the type of person who holds grudges against anyone for ages.

• Yeah I guess

• Nope... Mad at the world...

• depends. if it's a stranger, sometimes i doesn't matter if forgives them or not.

• I forgive people way too easily