Is it true that most LIES are usually better than most TRUTH? Generally speaking that is?

Example: You can lie to fat & ugly people telling them they look okay instead of the truth which would hurt them
You can lie to a child who played really bad on his soccer trial and say "kid, you did well, i am proud of you" and make the kid feel good
you get my point , i hope.

• True
  • False

Most Helpful Girl

• Lies are simply more acceptable. People and their fragile little brains cannot handle the truth.

Most Helpful Guy

• In today's society, lies are better, cause everyone is so afraid of the truth, they even call it hate speech.
    "You're fat, you should lose weight if you wanna live past your 40's"
    "Oh my god, you judgmental prick! Stop with the slut shaming. Stop with the hate speech!!!"
    "Uh... I'm sorry, lady, but I'm your doctor. I need to..."
    "Ahhh he's raping me with his words!!!"

Yeah, pretty much.

What Girls Said 12

• Or you can just be nice.
    You don't have to tell a fat person "na you have a good/alright body". But you don't have to laugh in their face and be like "girl you so fat..." either.
    I'd rather a nice truth than a sugary lie.

And if you lied, and I found out, that feeling would last a lot longer and hurt more than you telling me the truth.

• I'd rather a lying "BFF" tell me that to my fucking face that way we can all get it out there in the open and be done wid it!

• The person:

I wouldn't be calling them ugly unless they're ugly on the inside. If they had a great personality, it wouldn't be lying. I don't know why you think fat goes hand in hand with ugly though.

And "Hey son you gave it effort, I know you can do better next time. I believe in you." Support and love without a lie.

I prefer to tell and to hear the truth. I hate when people lie to me about important/small shit, and i generally try to always tell the truth

• Most lies are just more pleasant to hear but definitely not better to utter if you'd want to earn a person's trust.

• I won't generalize about lies/truth, because it seriously depends on the situation. I will say that humans aren't capable of handling pure truth all the time or else we wouldn't trust each other, like each other, or function. But the truth can definitely set you free in plenty of instances. You need a balance.

• I'm a brutally honest person. Also, I'm a TA so if my first grader isn't writing well (for his standards) I'll tell him that he can do better. Or if he loses a game, "you tried your best that's all that matters! Don't have to lie, just don't be an asshole.

• Every single person fucking lies. No one is ever 100% honest whether we like it or not.

• Fat people know they are fat.. ugly people? Not so much. And a white lie isn't bad

• No, definitely not. It's difficult to improve yourself if no one is telling you what you are doing wrong.

• Truth is better. Lies will get you killed

• You don't have to lie, you can say it in a way that doesn't hurt them. Lying is never good

• Most lies tend to end up hurting more than the truth in the long run. I prefer truth at all times. You can choose how to say it and mellow it a bit... For ex. Do I good? That color really brings out your eyes but maybe you should try (insert style of clothes) I think that would flatter you more... Etc.. Find something that does flatter or compliment then say what you think would help them accomplish what they wish to.

• White lies are better and I songbird anything wrong with them

What Guys Said 8

• "You can lie to a child who played really bad on his soccer trial and say "kid, you did well, i am proud of you" and make the kid feel good"

How is that lying? There is no lie in there. Look:
    "kid" - no parent would say that. :D
    "you did well" - the best you can do at your current ability
    "i am proud of you" - any real parent is always proud of their children, even when they fuck up.

where is the lie? o_O

Anyway, those aren't lies, they are subjective truth.
    A guy can think a girl is beautiful even though she is not by society conventional standards.
    However, every society has their standards.

It goes back to Socrates saying there is no absolute truth.

• Only when sparing feelings

• the truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.

• The lie of adequacy is what gets most of us through the day, so yes.

• I'm lying.

• Voted b. I always try to be careful in my choice of words.

• Telling a kid he did well when he did really bad is a terrible thing to do.

• Would you prefer to be lied to when being rejected by a girl or told the truth upfront?