What should I spend $3,500 on?

Last year I was in a car crash, I got a concussion, 4 stitches, and couldn't walk on my leg for 3 months. So the government gave me $3,500.
I was thinking I would get one big thing like a laptop or one of those things that's like a bunk bed but without the bottom bunk (my room is really small so more space would be great). And then put the rest in savings.

What do you think I should spend it on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Before you spend a dime, put $2,000 in a savings account.

Now you only have $1,500 to spend. This way, if you end up with buyers remorse, you'll at least do it knowing the lion's share is in the bank for when you NEED it.

I say keep $300 as pocket money, and the rest? A bunk bed with just a top bunk, and room for storage under it, sounds like a very smart way to optimize a small room.
    If you have enough left over, get a ceiling (or sturdy wall) mount kit for a small TV, and a small 22 inch TV, and mount it to the ceiling right above you! Games, movies, TV, even plug in a computer or laptop with an HDMI cord, and you can lie comfortably and look straight up and watch whatever. It even saves money! Because you are so close, it is wasteful to get a big screen, so a $160 1080p TV looks as good as a $400 48 inch TV!

What Guys Said 13

• At 13... you should probably tuck $3k of that away and get a decent laptop and start developing some technical skills.

• Statistically speaking people who spend their money for experiences are happier than those who spend their money on material goods.

• Dont' get a brand new bed, I don't know seems like you're better off saving your money and picking something up off CL when some nice comes up used.

I say a new laptop, maybe a weekend vacation somewhere and save the rest for a car down the line.

• Save or Travel

• Xbox one then buy battlefield 4. Then add me as a friend and we can kick ass. Either that or a new car.

• You should invest or save half of it at least.

• A vacation. A helmet? Gym membership. Bicycle (to keep in shape). Or lets go out to dinner... your call...

• Macbook/Iphones etc

• I'd save it if I were you. You'll need it at some point later on.

• Buy some guns you will need it.

• Save your white coin for your black day

• Dildos.

• If it doesn't go towards anything relevant to your accident, then why exactly are you getting this money?

• I got refunded for the time I missed at school, dance, Badminton, Dodge ball, theater, and music.
      Also the other person in the accident ran a stop sign, on to a highway, into us. So they have to give us money, I don't quite know how the law works but that's the gist of it.

• Sounds like her state might have a victims compensation fund.

What Girls Said 10

• I wouldn't really invest in a bed with my own money, if my parents would get it for me like on my birthday or Christmas etc. Plus you may out grow in a few years, I would either save it, and spend it on different things, or yes buy one really huge thing and there will be money still let over probably. If the bed is reasonably priced and you don't mind spending the money till you out grow it then yeah. Other wise if you're thinking of a laptop.. if you're isn't good the one you have now then get one because they last a while.

• I got something like that because of a car accident, when I was 10, and my dad set up a mutual fund in my name. I'm glad he did. It's grown a decent amount since then.

• A laptop sounds fine. Just shop around and research for some feedback and reviews on some out on the market. Don't just go out and buy a Macbook because everyone else has one.

I would even just buy a tablet. It does the same thing

• You should probably save it instead of just blowing it all.

• I would save it for a car when you're 16

• oh you could save it because university is crazy expensive

• Just save it for now for when you truly need it.

• Save 3000. Buy something nice and useful for 500.

• I would personally spend it on cute new clothes and bags etc.

• Dont spend it, save it.