If con and pro are opposites is congress the opposite of progress?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• If you read some of the writings from the founding fathers, Congress (House of Representatives and the Senate) is supposed to be inefficient. A very efficient government is an easy path to tyranny. Trust no one; that was the general feeling because absolute power corrupts absolutely which is why George Washington was such an important president. He stepped down even when many others wanted him to remain president.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• the conservatives of today are the progressives of yesterday. when the founding fathers were advocating freedom of speech they were progressive. some progressives have spoken against freedom of speech, claiming that only intellectuals can make use of it. they are the progressives of today.

• It stands to reason. People bitch about the government a lot but I thought it was set up to be slow on purpose. Course, it's even slower than that because of all the corruption, so I guess yeah I'll say it sucks.

• that sounds about right

• To be 15...

But, no, they would actually be synonymous.

• Ooooooohhhh shots fireeeeeeeddd.