How much do u know about India?

And no need to be politically correct, be as blunt as you want!

Most Helpful Girl

• · New Delhi
    · Citizens are Indian
    · It's in South Asia
    · Rupee
    · Hindi
    · Gandhi
    · Tamil
    · Sari
    · Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad
    · Red dot on every female's forehead
    · 3 Idiots
    · Like Stars on Earth (Taare... I don't remember)
    · Aamir Khan
    · Priyanka Chopra
    · Sushmita Sen
    · Lara Dutta
    · Deepika Padukone
    · Bollywood
    · Subcontinent
    · Neighbors with China
    · 1 000 000 000+ people living
    · Overpopulated trains
    · Femina India
    · Home of the longest poem in the world by Tagore
    · Mountains on North India
    · British colony
    · Taj Mahal
    · Many English speakers

Most Helpful Guy

• It has one of the most diverse and fascinating ecosystems in the world with tigers, wolves, rhinos, lions, and monkeys. Not to mention desert, jungle, forest, and snowy mountains.

• Have you ever visited?

• No but I would like to, preferably with a good guide who can show me the terrain and animals. Like a seasoned hunter or something.

• Ok.. hunting is banned in India... so dont go looking for seasoned hunters. There are many government appointed guides though.. they are pretty good!

What Girls Said 13

• Only from what I have Heard and Seen from a Few of my Friends who live out in a place Called "Hyderabad."
    There is a Huge Church I would like to go and see in Hyderabad, for Christians, as well as See my Friendly Friends who I have known for quite some time.
    I have Never heard anything Bad about Hyderabad, Not like the things I am hearing Now about Europe and in the Middle East, @varunbh.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• You need to be just a little on your guard in the old city in hyderabad. And if you do visit India, then visit Kerala. It has got one of the oldest churches in the world where we still worship.

• Tangentially relevant-- Pakistan also has a major city called Hyderabad... lol. I know a guy from there, and he is *always* having to explain to people that, no, he's not from India.

• @redeyemindtricks lol Oh, wow, really there is? Small world I see. xx

• I know it's terribly hot there, people LOVE spicy food and there are too many rape and murder accounts.
    Spicy food aside - not an appealing country to me.

• Also: Bollywood, bangles, baroque style of dress and decore, Hindi language (I'm aware there are other languages too) and Hindu faith.

• Well, if u love the mountains then we've always got the Himalayas.

• I do love the montains. =)

• I just love their madras curry & nan lmao.
    Obviously I know about other stuff, too, like Hinduism and the caste system, but the food is just really good so it was worth the special mention.

• Hmmm, I'll list things. This won't be coherent.

bollywood
    bindi
    sari
    henna.. that other word for it... the woman in the video said it was for her wedding.
    according to an official chow mein causes rape
    lots of rape/gang rape
    poverty
    bad bureaucracy.. takes forever for papers to get through government
    some corrupt cops
    sex slaves
    lots of vegetarian people
    goat rice dish in that big clay pot
    Hinduism
    Jainism
    crowded
    slums
    caste system
    obsessed with light skin
    skin whitening creams and serums
    engineering
    the holy rat temple
    the monkeys are everywhere
    tigers eating people
    yoga
    biryani
    monsoons
    hot as fudge
    holi
    lots of festivals
    boondi ladoo
    jeera! (my one little possible Indian word from watching cooking shows)
    or and asafatita or however you say it asafoetida. Ah.

• Whoa! You really know a lot!

• Nice! :) U live in the anglosphere?

• Yeah, so, my knowledge is pretty low.

• i know they have the taj mahal wich is beautiful
    they do not eat cows because they're sacred
    and i've heard they have dead people on the streets but im not sure about this
    oh and also bollywood!!!

• Dead people on the streets!!! What gave you that idea!! LOL :O .. And its only religious hindus who dont eat cows!

• yeah, i haven't eaten meat for one year so im used to it lol to me its only quitting eggs and milk

• Good luck!! :)

• eh, i have a very broad general knowledge on some cultural things

• Hindu
    Hot
    Overpopulated
    British people

• Kolarveridi

• I have visited India once. I like historical places and cultural diversity yet uniformity.

• Chicken tikka masala!

• It's hot and women get gang raped on buses on the regular.

• Not regular, depends on where you are... but yes those things do happen!

• Good. As you know, if you're not part of the solution, you're the problem.

• Of course! But what I request you is that dont stereotype us. There is misogyny everywhere in the world, even in your own country too. Maybe such horrific things dont happen but nonetheless I am sure women face hurdles over there too.

• Been there twice and i love the food. I have two friends from there as well.

I like the cultural heritage and i visited some of the temples.

Definitely not like what the media portrays

• Good food
    Noisy
    Dirty
    Poor
    No respect for women, all the rape and assult stories
    Many different dialects
    Hot and humid

• You're mostly correct, except for the respect for women part. Yes, we do have a misogynist society but things are changing pretty fast. You have to remember that India is a country in transition from a semi-feudal society to an industrialised country, it will take some time to overcome these problems. Anyways thanks for your input.

• The capital city is very unsafe. Other cities are a lot safer. Where you from btw?

• America

What Guys Said 9

• They got a yellow circle looking thing on their flag. The population is brown. Apu (Simpsons) is from India. They eat tons of curry. They use nice color dresses. They have funny English accent. Bollywood. The Great Khali is from India. They are the second most populated country in the world.

• Just checked the flag, it was a blue circle looking thing :P. Oh and I also know that their religion is Hinduism! :)

• Its Gandhi lol.

• Sorry...

• It has the 5th greatest military in the world, its population is growing faster than China's, it has a very high poverty rate, Gandhi

• I only know enough to know that I want to know more.

• Tell me.. what do u want to know?

• Nothing I can learn from the internet.

Like... for example, the true history and legacy of the Karma Sutra on the culture of India. Not the sex parts, but the "go get your friends to kill her friends and then rape her so that she has no choice but to marry you" part.

• I know nothing about India and that is all I need to know

• Nothing tbh

• I know that my asshole daddy, who walked out on me before I was born, is from india. And I know that all people there have these red sniper rifle dots on their foreheads.

• indian people
    indian food
    little about the culture
    seek religion i think
    tibetan buddhists fled to there after the china incident

i think thats about it

• I Love my India, We don't show racism, we love all people, Tradition, Everything in India is actually glorious expect the political system.

• You gotta be kidding!

• I belong to India, I lived in India and I just changed my profile to India, though I live in Canada. It doesn't matter where you live, I love my motherland.

• I love my motherland too, but I realise that she has many problems and we need to change all of that. Anyways thanks for your input.

• Not a whole lot, but I do like curry and kebab