Would you give up your job if you had a steady source of income?

As in, don't work but do WHATEVER you want with your life.

If you want to wake up one morning and have a cup of coffee and just read good books all day long, by all means do that.

But then I think with all that free time, what would you even do?

Socializing annoys me because no one is really anyone's friend in this world. That gives me very little options because even if I wanted to do something like go to the zoo who do I go with? :S

Anyways back to my question, would some people stick to their jobs mostly because it gives them something to do/some purpose even if it's boring?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd quit in a heartbeat. I'd be able to do so much if I didn't have to work, it'd be crazy. I could focus 100% on getting better at Muay Thai, I'd be able to hang out with my friends more often, I'd be able to dedicate myself to learning computer programming, go to places I haven't been able to, etc. The possibilities would be endless!

Most Helpful Girl

• Agh, yeah, I see your point. My job really isn't that bad, so I don't know if I'd want to give it up because I would, indeed, get bored after not doing something for a while. Then again, maybe I could just travel all over the place and see friends to keep myself occupied, haha.

What Guys Said 4

• Depending on the size of the steady income, fuck yea. but if i wanted to do more, i wouldn't mind taking on a little something.

• I love what I do because I'm a nurse and at the end of the day, I do feel like I'm making a difference in the world; helping those that are in need or no longer is capable of helping themselves as well as spend time with them.

• I'd become self-employed. I'd do what I want on my time. Since I had the money to start my business, I could do what I want. That way, I can make a little money and still stay focused and occupy time.

• In a heartbeat.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm a nanny and I love my job, so I'd probably just offer to do it for free lol.

• Yes I would. I'd have more time to write. And to travel.

• If I had mine to travel all over the world, I would do that. But I wouldn't just quit my job, I'd be way too bored lol