Canada vs United States?

I have a few friends living in Canada and they often share posts praising Canada, and it does seem like a pretty cool place.
But I was wondering, which country among these 2 is better in terms of quality of life and the way their citizens are treated?
What are the major differences between the 2 countries?

• Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
  • United States of America πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
  • Both are equally Good
  • Both are equally Bad (humm I doubt either are bad)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I've lived in both countries. Both are same in many ways. I also feel it depends on whether you live in a large city that is diverse compared to less diverse smaller city. From my experience larger diverse cities have less issues and better quality of life in sense of respect for others differences. But Canada has free healthcare an extremely small population (California has more people than all of Canada) so that makes a difference. Not to mention the conservative party of Canada is not as conservative as the U. S. Also there is a deep dark history in the U. S. with hate, racism, and since it's a capitalistic democracy it's more about money than the concern of it's people. I don't think the States is the worst place to live but I have to admit life was better in Canada.

What Guys Said 30

• pretty sure most responses will be bias.

I've never visited Canada but I know people who have and they say its beautiful and amazing.

I'm content with where I live now.

• Canadians are more sane when it comes to guns.
    Americans tend to think the way to end gun crime is more guns. Hello?

• In terms of living equality the USA is a joke. Everything thats outside of the cities is 3rd world country. Murricans might not want to admit it, but when you drive through nowhere from one big city to the next and pay attention then you realise its no comparision to Europe.

• Can't say anything about Canada, since I haven't been there.

• " Everything thats outside of the cities is 3rd world country. "
      Actually its quite the opposite,
      The cities rent gets WAY of control and is often borderline unlivable,
      Outside of them the living situations are far more equal

• The US is much better.

• it's difficult to emigrate to Canada and become a citizen. very difficult.

• The United States forever. I don't want to live in a country who would elect this pathetic excuse for a male as their prime minister:
    freedompost.org/.../...r-muslim-useful-idiot-4.jpg
    ... I mean, what the actual fuck?

• Im not being funny but america looks like a hellhole from the outside. Puppet politicians, hatred, everybody using each other to get ahead, thieving bankers and irresponsible psychotic corporations who want to privatise everything in the natural world. I wouldn't feel safe at all in america. Like ducks in a shooting gallery and the thing is through globalistation and this new ttip agreement theyre trying to force through its spreading like cancer to normal places

• Canada is superior, while in USA they treat your appendicitis for 10000 USD and cripple you in debt because elitism

• Oh Caaaaaaanada! Vancouver is up there with Melbourne and Geneva tbh.

• @archiz My long winded reply that has too much detail, typical engineer xD.

• oww yea I thought you meant this
      or that the exchange is funny since my answers are brief in comparison to yours so I thought you were mentioning the dislike between both parties.
      eghh I overthink stuff a lot lol

• Canada is for pussies who can't handle freedom
    America has been infiltrated with pussy ideology so all the young people want to get fucked by more government control

America used to be all about freedom. Not anymore.

I say come to the USA, It is better, the people are realer, the weather is better in most major cities and American Christian life is all about being free, and doing whats right

• I don't know enough about both to make a good judgement, but going just by what I know and interests me the most... I'd take Canada

• Canada is too scared to have its own culture. poutine isnt' enough...

• Not sure I've only ever lived in the USA and I don't know jack about Canadian culture, so I'd automatically be biased lol

• I'd prefer the U. S, Also if you are planning on immigrating, Don't expect to be able to immigrate to Canada
    It is MUCH harder to immigrate to Canada than the U. S

• I'm not planning on immigrating, at least not anytime soon, but really? I always thought it was the other way round haha

• No, its incredibly hard to immigrate to Canada, or any other part of the commonwealth, The U. S as far as immgration goes is far easier than the rest of the western world,
      Hell, the EU, requires a college degree we don't

• I am Canadian. I think we both have our good parts and our bad parts.

• what are he bad parts about Canada :) ?

• Crippling taxes! Spineless politicians caving in to NIMBYs and pressure groups. Lack of infrastructure investment.

• Canada by a mile. We frequently makes it into the top 5 best places to live on most comprehensive lists

• The one that has less conservative nutcases

• Live in USA, been to Canada and Toronto a lot. I LOVE Canada and Canadians. The crime rate is much lower there and good friendly people.

• Would rather live in Canada (I am European).

• Easily Canada. Too many Vampires in America

• I voted for US because I am one of them, a proud Somali-American even though they do not respect my right to religious freedom and sometimes discriminate me for being a Muslim. I currently live in Kenya.

• Uhh, I don't live there but I've been to both places on holiday. I would say they are both equally good. I had more fun in the US though.

• Alaska

• Canadia lol I don't care really

• Canada is a great place to visit.. been there a lot.

• I don't care what people say but I'll take 'murica any day over any place!

• Canada is a leftist shit hole filled with feminists, progressives and other degenerates, and they were stupid enough to elect one of the dumbest men on the planet as their PM. US is a much better country with much better people.

• US is always the best

• To cold to long there but they do seem to have better treatment there for people

• If you like women who are slutty, and feminism utopia. Sure.

What Girls Said 8

• usa seems better

• Canada is less egocentric oriented than the US. So its more social regarding society. Guess its historical.

• I'd day Canada has got their shit together more.

Like, Canada is thirty or forty year old america, and america is a high schooler or college student.

Weird comparison, but Canada has got an excellent system when it comes to healthcare, democracy, just generally taking care of their people.

• Canada for the win! :D

• I dislike Canada due to how cold it is but they do a lot of things better than the USA.

• It's not cold all year round.

• People with asthma seem to manage just fine here but they're climatized to it. It would be the same if you went to Florida for the summer.

• Scotland B)

Definitely Canada over the US though lol. I have a great aunt who lives there and she's disabled. I think she mostly uses a mobility scooter now but for a long time she'd walk most places she needed to go using sticks, and apparently the Canadians where she lives are so polite that if she stuck one of her sticks out into the road they'd stop to let her cross :) . I think that's cute

• I've also heard good things about Canada

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more