Why hate when you are successful in your own right?

I have a sibling who has accomplished a PHD for herself. She is funny, outgoing, makes friends easily yet she always hates on me. She always tries to put me down, ignores me whenever she's in town, talks badly behind my back and just completely fake. Whenever I do something or get something not even a few days later she does the same thing. If get a pet, a week later she has one. If I get a compliment she freaks out. I understand haters who are too busy putting other people down so they don't feel bad about their own lives, but why hate one someone when you doing good for yourself and leading a supposedly happy one?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't judge a book by it's cover. It can appear she's living "good" , but her attitude towards you may indicate things aren't so sunny side up for her. It could be something in you that she's envious of, but can't have despite her accomplishments.

What Guys Said 3

• Although everything appears rosy on the outside, perhaps she was born without a uterus. Do you know whether or not her anal canal is obstructed, or if perhaps her vagina is somehow malformed? We can't really know someone until we intricately know the details of their unmentionable bits and peices. I believe it's time you and your sister have a lengthy discussion.

• Are you the younger sibling?

If so, I can understand where your sister the older siblings is coming from.

Know that you bother her just as much and possibly even more than she bothers you. The only reason she tries so hard to make these great accomplishments is because it is the only way she can get parental attention and approval, whereas you probably got it unconditionally no matter what.

• No I'm actually a few years older. She has PHD, I only have a B. S. We are step siblings. She has both parents divorced. I only have one parent. Plus she is spoiled. She gets whatever she needs or wants. I don't. I guess maybe she is jealous or whatever, but I just wish I knew what she saw in me so I can see it too lol. I'm even an introvert and don't even have nearly as many friends as her.

• The things that actually matter in life are rarely external achievements.

What Girls Said 3

• She just like stepping over u.

• i think she's too competitive. as your sibling, her attitude is unacceptable, why do you want to hate your own sibling. eventhough she's a successful woman, somehow I think you have something that she doesn't have, she's jealous of you. Maybe you're lucky and happily live you life and everything seems to be easier for you, but she need to work hard to get the same thing like you. it's an awful attitude, ignore people like this.

• I suppose she is. I don't know why she thinks things are easier. But you are right. I just started ignoring her. I don't even try to reach out anymore. I guess we will have to be two distant sisters. Better than having her in my life disrespecting me all the time.

• Because it's not a happy one and is completely possible that she is jealous of you.

• That's crazy. I'm always so proud of her and building her up all the time. I guess she could be jealous, I just wish I knew what about.

• Most definitely, sometimes the easiest way to approach things is to simply talk about them. I think we all forget this at times. If she acts like you're being ridiculous, you may have to put a little distance between the two of you, even though you're family.

• Agreed. Such simple advice. I don't know why I just don't be honest and ask her about it. Maybe if I say it seriously but nicely she might even feel a little regretful for treating me that way and realize it's not nice. Maybe I've done or said something to her years ago that I never realized.