If someone hurts your feelings in an argument, should you keep arguing?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it should get to that point. I think if you feel so upset or in disagreement or whatever you need to say something, stop and think about it first to get your words right and in that time you'll calm down. And can talk calmly and have a discussion not a fight.
    But if it gets to that stage of hurt feelings, then I think it's best to just stop, and evaluate how it made you feel and think of a way to calmly inform them of what they said and how it made you feel and was unnecessary etc.

Discussions are always better than hurt feelings and fights!

Most Helpful Guy

• Your feelings only get hurt when someone you care about says rude stuff.
    So it's simple,
    1. If you care about them, don't argue.
    2. If you argue with them, don't care.

What Girls Said 18

• Once your feelings are hurt you're more than likely no longer listening but responding more out of hurt and in self defense. Kinda pointless

• Well, I think you should stop and let them know that they might have hurt you or stop and just leave it. If they hurt your feelings in an argument, they were probably intending to so you just firing back will only bait them even more. Let them cool off and come back to the conversation at a later date so you can express your thoughts and opinions in a calm, non-hostile manner.

• Yes you have to stand up for yourself, but make sure that you don't afend the other person. You could walk away, but the other person would proably think that he/she won and act all snotty in front of you.

• No you need to keep the argument on the facts and not blame the other person how you feel, that will only make things worse.
    The feeling you are feeling are YOUR FEELING ONLY and not the other persons and they are not responsible for what you feel, the best thing to be is find a common ground and keep it focused on the facts and not feelings

• but what if they attack your person? if that happens the argument is technically over, they are out to hurt you.

• If they attack you, you use self defense. That was not in your question so I did not think of that at first

• I depends what you're arguing about, and how important is. I usually stop arguing if I can tell that the other person simply isn't going to budge. I have a pretty strong sense of self so I would be hard for somebody to hurt my feelings in an argument.

• well i dont ususally argue to win or to make the other person agree with me, but simply to understand their point of view and then to see if i align with that or not. but sometimes people just have to attack your person for disagreeing. they can't handle that you have a different view.

i would like to know their point of view, and i respect it. but it seems a bit stupid to keep going if they attack you, instead of explaining what they are about.

• It depends...

If it's a important argument or discussion of course. If it's pointless or doesn't matter just know when to stop an be the bigger person. Some things aren't worse the hassle.

• Nah not worth it in my opinion. I'd probably just walk away

• No probably not

• I wouldn't because I don't want to risk making any worse than it already is.

• Tbh, I usually stop arguing b4 it gets to that point.

• My feelings hardly get hurt lmao.
    Yeah because I will stand up for myself.

• If my feelings are hurt then I can't stop myself from arguing back

• Of course!

• If I can keep my cool, yes

• You shouldn't but I do it anyways.. It's an unhealthy habbit

• I guess it would be smart to stop aurgueing. I don't know, my feelings don't get hurt in aurguments. I can't imagine you being able to keep a clear head or make any kind of point if you are hurt and most likely getting defensive.

• can you elaborate or give me an example or seomthing?

• when they attack your person rather than the argument. when they are trying to discredit you in front of people, and they are kind of trying to bait you into continuing.

• oh then no not really

besides if they resolve to hating on the person instead of trying to continue with the arument it kinda means they already lost lol

• yeah true.

• Hurt em back

What Guys Said 18

• I am not sure but I feel sorry for you.

• it depends what kind of argument.
    it depends if it effects the way you argue.
    it depends if you're hurting them.

• Hurt feelings in an argument should at all times be completely and totally irrelevant.

• Show no weakness.

• Meh depends. I've had a below the belter thats left me totally clamped before. Seems to be women that are the best at them

• Not really, if you just go ahead, continue arguing, you will end up hurting the other people's feelings too... and thats not bad, thats why there is an end to the relationships, people don't know to measure the limits of their differences!

• I usually cry it out, over some ice cream and watch my big fat greek wedding.

• if someone hurt my feelings in a argument i won't argue with them anymore

• Nah, to hell with them

• No, I just calm down and tell them nicely to stop arguing with me because I couldn't careless

• I don't really believe in retaliation. People can take turns saying crap to me, I couldn't care less

• No, you should get violent.

• My feelings never get hurt, but I wouldn't back down in an argument if I know I'm right.

• I hurt theirs worse

• How did they hurt your feelings? When someone resorts to personal insults in an argument, I generally take it as an admission of defeat and gracefully accept their surrender.

• I don't.

• a simple "u mad" after their best insult is the best comeback.

• kimd of a foolish question, you're arguing, someones feelings are hurt already, how much more damage do you plan to do?