Poll: What do you think about space?

What do you think about outer space?
If you have another opinion, feel free to comment.

• Interesting and I like to learn new things about it.
  • Cool.
  • The pictures look cool, but I am fine with the rest.
  • Meh.
  • I don't care about it.
  • It's scary.
  • I dislike it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Space is pretty damn fascinating. I'd gladly become an astronaut if I had the smarts.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its big. If the earth was a half penny, the sun would be an 18 foot high football next to it. If the solar system was a half penny you wouldn't be able to see the sun with a high powered microscope. If the whole solar system was a half penny the nearest star would be the length of continental Europe away. Thats only 4 and a half light years. The pillars of creation are over 4000 light years tall. Light travels at 350000 miles a second and it takes light going at that speed 4 and a half years just to reach the nearest star. So for a 4 and a half year journey in a spaceship to it you'd have to travel almost 50'000 billion miles. Thats only a tiny fraction of one of the spiral arms that make up the milky way and the milky way is just one galaxy in billions racing away from some hub where the big bang expanded the universe 14 billion years ago. Its so big the light at the edge of the visible universe has just reached us now to reveal whats out there. Over 14 billion years travelling at light speed. So the visible universe is nearly 30 billion light years in diameter. Nobody knows how far it goes. Problem is the light reaching us now shows the universe over 14 billion years ago. Who knows what it looks at present. Just looking up at the stars at night is looking millions perhaps billions of years into the past depending on what your looking at. Some of this may be a little bit off coz its just my memory im using. Google it.

• I already knew most of this, but thank you ;)

• Do you know what a magnitar is

• A neutron star with an unusual strong magnetic field. They are known as the modt magnetic objects in the universe as we know now.

What Girls Said 2

• I think there are more important matters on earth to remedy before we start imposing ourselves on another planet.

• That shit is cool af

What Guys Said 9

• Well they say, "In space, no one can hear you scream."

I really wish I could live to see real space colonizations, FTL (Faster Than Light) space travel and transportation, and seeing galaxies that are far far away, so far away from Earth and the Solar System that it's virtually impossible to measure. I really would want to really see and know what is really out there beyond Earth and the Solar System and to find out if there really is some place somewhere beyond Earth that is much better.

• I am a practical person, I only care about things that play a direct impact on how I live my life. That said, theoretical knowledge is interesting, but unimportant to me.

• Space is my bae. A projection of what's in my mind.

• I used to be freaking obsessed with space. As a matter of fact, I wanted to grow up to be an astronomer one time.

• its very interesting, i wish i could live in space for forever

• It's very important for me. Huge huge influence over me.

• It's bigger than me lol

• it looks empty but most of it is filled with matter that we can't see.

• it has potential.