Do you think the Stanford Rapist, Brock Turner, court sentence was long enough?

I think the sentence isn't long enough he should be way longer

• no, it should be longer
  • yes, I think it's long enough

Most Helpful Guy

• No, there are only two options that would be a fitting sentence
    Lock him in a dark cell, strap him to a board so that he has zero ability to move anything,. stick a catheter and a colostomy bag into him, Feed him through a IV, and then come in and change him once a day.
    Do that for the rest of his miserable fucking life.
    Or option two,
    Take him out to the middle of nowhere alaska at a place where no one will ever remember the location of an 100 miles from a road.
    Make him dig his own grave, Kneel him down, Shoot him in the gut and bury him alive. No grave marker, no way for ANYONE to ever know where he is buried and wipe all mention of him from public record, make him a non person.

• Also anyone who actually thinks the sentence is long enough should lose the right to vote and own a gun

Most Helpful Girl

• I legit cried when I read that woman's statement. If you are or have been a victim of any form of sexual abuse, you'd cry too. Cases like these truly sadden me and I just can't believe that people have more sympathy for rapists than victims but I guess that's the world we live in.

What Guys Said 13

• I don't know because I don't have the facts. Some ones opinion doesn't constitute fact which is what that link is. If he did do exactly what is stated then no it is not enough however I have seen/read enough cases where a man was punished for rape when he did not commit it and was treated the same way before he was tried before he was found guilty and after he was found innocent so until I have absolute facts then I cannot say whether or not it is fair (the court of public opinion disregards facts and is rarely fair about it).

• White privilege lol. I think its more along the lines of him having a bright future ahead of him than the color of his skin especially in such a state as california, but it is simply speculation on both parts. Regardless i think people like him need special treatment, pertaining to that of rehabilitation or the death penalty. Keeping people locked up wastes money and time along with the fact in 20-25 years most rapists will be out again with nearly the same mind as they did before. Cut our losses and start building rather than letting emotion get in the way

• As over crowded as CA jails are now 6 months might not even equate to a full 7-day week of jail. They originally asked for 6 years. Plenty to be upset about here. The kid had been getting special treatment this whole time.

Why do i get the feeling not everyone would get 6 months for dragging an unconscious girl behind a dumpster and having their way with her?

This kid ran by the way when he was caught. So if it wasn't for the two Swedish kids pinning him down while the cops came, he'd probably get away with it.

• Why not just shoot the fucker outside the courthouse and send the bill to his family

• The initial 6 year sentence sounded far more reasonable and if it were up to me he would not serve a day less than 10 years. His background keeps getting brought up about how he has to prior charges, but this is different. We are not talking about pot or running a red light which can easily be dismissed as a mistake committed by an otherwise good person, but about rape. A very serious and heavy crime. That said, he should receive the maximum punishment of the law and his background should be irrelevant.

• It shouldn't be whether or not enough "justice" was served. It should be about rehabilitation and recuperating ones health, mentally, emotionally, and socially. America puts this unhealthy need for vengeance that people are blinded by the fact that it simply does not work. We have the highest prison population in the world and we have people who come out way worse than before.

• No, it shouldn't
      HE FUCKING RAPED AN INNOCENT GIRL,
      The best option is to make the fucker dig his own grave then execute him.

• @Waffles731 I mean okay but for that to happen you'll need revolution or vigilantism because "people with money" look after other "people with money" and they aren't going to give each other harsh sentences like execution (hint: the ones making laws and sentencing are also people with money). Not that I'm necessarily against revolution or vigilantism but do you understand what you are saying?

• @Waffles731 Ask the gov't. Wasting resources grants us the ability to begin weeding out those undesirable traits of humanity, how well do you think the prohibition on alcohol or drugs worked. Not well at all, within a couple of years alcohol was unbanned as it had simply gone underground. If you immediately put the death penalty as the immediate reaction you remove all available individuals from the light and they will go dark, making it 1000X harder to get rid of. For example look at the black market, look at george orwells book 1984, look at china look at all of these countries with so called regulations and say something like "the black market doesn't exist here at all".
      "paedophiles and rapists do not exists because we exterminated them all"
      And considering the black market is often the work of entire organizations, rapists work alone, making it a needle in a haystack outcome. You find one? He has zero ties with others.

• I'm not actually aware of the cases details honestly but it's likely too short based on other reactions.

• He took an unconscious woman and raped her behind a dumpster, it took two cyclist to get him off of her, she suffer sever bruising everywhere, and found guilty of 3 felony charges and he gets only six months in county prison and maybe 3 months for good behavior and his dad thinks this sentence is too long

• If the crime had been actually maliciously violently intended, he would have been given a harsh sentence for his actions. However judgement has been made and he has been convicted and will have a lifetime sentence of having to register as a sexual offender. His life is pretty much ruined, there's not much more you could reasonably want.

• But he was convicted of rape. The judge didn't reduce the accusation to a secual misdemeanor. Or did he?

... :D

I really should read the case.

• I dont know much, but I think all rapists deserve chemical castration
    thats it...

This guy is a real sleazebag, but i think this little to do with his race and everything to do with connections

• It should of be a hell of a lot longer prison sentence. This case truly saddened me.

• No where near long enough...

• i dont know abou this, what this guy did?

• I think he should get the 10 year minimal sentence, this girl bruising in vagina won't be gone in a year, if he hadn't been rich he would get the sentence he deserves

• hmm your right, i agree with you. one thing i can't and will never understand that how can people do things like this to someone, i mean i can't think of hurting anyone, specially like that. dont know how can people do this

• Fuck no. Six months for rape? Ridiculous. He should get at least 10 years.

• He was caught in the act by two people, so he's definitely guilty, and is making excuses.

He needs at least 10 years.

But, he's a white boy from a family with money, he'll be lucky if he even spends 3 months in prison.

Had he been Black or Hispanic, they'd have put him away for 20 years, no questions asked.

• i don't follow that story

• yep, the family is appealing the sentence. They think it's too "harsh".

What Girls Said 5

• He should be in there for life. I love how only guys are saying that it's long enough. To all of you who have, you are fuckign assholes if you think it's okay. This young women will never be the same again and neither will her family. She will always be plagued with memories of that night. She will never truly get over what injustice was done to her. He may not have ruined her life, but he very well could have with his actions. He deserves so much worse than 6 months.

• Hell no.

• Anyone who votes B is clearly an idiot.

• Nope it should be longer than 10 years.

• No - esoecially considering that sexual abuse is one of the crimes with high rates of repeat offenses. Normal people aren't turned on by unconscious people. Then the little fucker tried to act like it was consensual, despite bruises all over her, around her vagina, evidence he'd stuck some object into her and the fact that he tried to run away. Disgusting creep.

I'd wager he's already molested someone in his family or attacked a past girlfriend and she didn't speak up because she doubted she'd be believed. Even now, odds are she wouldn't speak up for fear of harsh media attention and weird perverts finding her and hate mail.

I'd wager he'll do it again if he doesn't get mental health resources to try to fix whatever damage he has.