Rate this Mythological Creature: The Elf?

Throughout the eras elves have been seen in different shapes and sizes. One of the most common sorts of elves that most in the 21st century is grown up with, is the elves which lives with Santa Claus. When we grow a little older we meet the Elves of J. R. R. Tolkien wrote about, those with pretty faces, living underground and they are what you'd call High Elves.

An elf is a mythical creature of Germanic Mythology/Paganism which still survives in northern European folklore. In Norse mythology they were originally a race of minor gods of nature and fertility. Elves are often pictured as youthful-seeming men and women of great beauty living in forests and other natural places, underground or in wells and springs. They have been portrayed to be long-lived or immortal and they have magical powers attributed to them. Following the success of J. R. R. Tolkien's epic work. The Lord of the Rings—wherein a wise, angelic people named Elves play a significant role—they have become staple characters of modern fantasy.

Elves have many forms; some are tiny, some are tall and female elves often seem humane, but some say they are empty from the back, like a hollow tree.
They are supernatural beings in Germanic mythology and folklore, elves were first attested in Old English and Old Norse texts and are prominent in British and Scandinavian folklore.
Elves were first thought of as ambivalent beings with magical powers, but later they became more and more sinister, harming humans and livestock in various ways. In early modern folklore they were connected with fairies and entered the 20th century mainly by the works of J. R. R. Tolkien.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh they are ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• They are amazing, but part of what makes them amazing is how many different types of elves there are. There is a type of elf for everyone, and people can enjoy more than one type of elf. So it is almost like they get credit for several different types of creatures at once.

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 12

• Thunderbird still dominates!! His feathers are impenetrable, to human weapons, as He flies between realities: The Here, and the Dream Place!!
    He is like not other!! What other being can summon the clouds and by flapping His Great wings, make Thunder, and Rain, at His will?

• I'm amused by the disparity in culture between the Keebler Elves (who are more like dwarves if not gnomes) and high fantasy elves, who are like taller, sexier humans.

Elves definitely rock. Especially dark ones. Props for the picture of Drizzt.

• When I was a lad and LOTR was all the rage, elves were my thing. Then I became a dwarf fan when I grew up. Just goes to show how only kids, wets and women like elves, while manly men such as yours truly like dwarves.

• If I had to marry any mythological creature it would be an Elf.
    or a Vampire... but yeah Elves are hot.

• Love elves, pretty awesome race or races if your really geeky lol.

• 4/5 i like it a lot

• Elves are cool

• ELF? Lmao what a small creature. If i kick it it will fly 😂

• Way, way, way, way, way, way over done.

• Meh they're cool I guess

• They are ok. My favourite mythological creature is dragons 😍