I'm lost and don't know what to do about this how to address it?

I have a problem that I don't know how to solve, I'll try keeping this as short as possible. There are two girls that love to come over to my house they even pass up going swimming to come to my house. The girls are 6 going on 7 and 8 going on 9 and I love them both like they were my very own one even referred to me as her dad. The issue I'm having is that on several occasions now such as earlier today when I was watching something on a different computer one of the girls came over to where I was sitting wanting to watch what I was watching and both girls they try to sit in my lap and I just move over and tell them to sit on the chair beside me instead because I don't want anything that would look inappropriate to anyone in any way or for anyone to get the wrong idea. But at the same time I don't want the girls to go thinking that there is something wrong with them. Am I wrong about it? If so how do I address it without making them think they're doing something wrong or hurting their feelings?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm... i think you were right. It's best to be safe then sorry and people accuse you of something you aren't. Just tell the girl have love them but you need personal space.

• Thank you! I didn't know if I was right or wrong and your advice is a great help!

• Thanks again and not just to not give the wrong impression, I really do prefer my personal space.

• No problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• They are NOT your children, and as such should not be sitting on your lap. Having them sit beside you is appropriate.

• Thank you and I agree.

• I like this answer thanks.

• Any time. Glad to help.😃

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Just keep doing what you're doing

• How do you know them, why do they come to your house?

• They're the kids next door, I know the mom. They have a lot of fun here like playing with the musical instruments I have using my computer, they're fed well soft drinks junk food and what have you.

• interesting