Can you describe a colour?

Pretend that everything I see is grey and try to explain the colour "red" to me.

I think this would be fun as it would attempt to show how different people perceive the same colour :D anyone else excited about the replies? Anyone? No one? Okay 🙈

Most Helpful Girl

• Hm.-I"m gonna do this before I read any of the other replies.

Red is usually the color associated with anger and love, red is also the color of a burning passion that lies beneath the skin's surface of an artist, [art=anything].
    Red is the color you see when you look at your significant other and realize they've been cheating on you. Red is the color of blood dripping from your skin when you accidentally slice it open, staining whatever surface it lands on.
    Red is a warm color, just as it can be hot, red is the color of the flames in a bonfire when you're hanging out with your friends. Red is the color of the dress your lover wears to a ball. Red is the color of a girls lips, right before she kisses you. Red is the color that fills a room, fills a soul, when you scream as loud as can be-whether it be in hate or anger. Red is the color everything in life seems to be when you're heartbroken, red is the blood of angry men, a world about to dawn, when you feel your soul on fire, the color of desire.
    Red is something that can invoke fury or passion-which is left to you to decide.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• If all you ever saw was gray, explaining it would be pretty pointless and kinda cruel in my opinion. If you're happy with your world of gray, I wouldn't try to describe color to you unless you asked. And if you did, I would say what we associate those colors with, where those colors are commonly found, blood is red. I think that would be the most interesting thing, knowing that every time you bled and saw that gray droplet, it was alarming to someone else because of our nature.

• I'm probably going to do a crappy job. XD

Red would be just like fire and the heat it gives off.

Green is kind of like how being in nature makes you feel.

Blue is like the calmness you feel like if you were meditating.

Yellow would be like when you become extremely excited and feel like bouncing off walls.

Orange is like what you feel when it's Autumn.

• Heat is very accurate :D infrared light is right above the colour red and is what heats us :D

• I would have said that it s similar to the mustachio and glasses you re sporting lol
    but since you said you see everything grey you ruined my joke ha.
    it s interesting to see how red is usually associated with intense feelings and sensations
    assimilated to fire and blood
    so connotations with heat, pain, rage, love and so on
    it is a color that stands out, that is captivating and that makes a statement.

ok that s all that came to my mind haha

• Lmao xD my stache brings all lady leprechaun to the yard. Its funny how pain, rage, and love can be associated with the same colour.

• lol can t disagree with that haha
      it s because they can all be related with passion
      and passion means suffering
      the love of suffering maybe in a way haha

• I don't think you can, especially to a blind person.

• red is hot. it smells like burning coals. it tastes like chili peppers. it sounds like trumpets. it feels luscious. sometimes it's dangerous.

• Red is angry, deep, vibrant (almost violent) and passionate at the same time.

• No wonder red is the colour of the dark side in Star Wars lol

• it's the color of anger, passion and heat

• Red is like heat, fire

• It hurts the eye and I am nauseous

• Red is bright, almost blinding, depending on what object you are looking at that is red.

• Give me a color and I'll let you know what my thoughts are

• lets try with red ;d

• Thats a really good definition :)

• Glad you like it :)

• Red is passion , fire, energy, spirit, liveliness, love. Red is life

What Guys Said 7

• The color red huh? Not to copy paste, but I'm about to copy paste 😂 Here is the best description of the color red:

"When you dip her in the middle of the dance floor, it is the color of her dress. When she whispers in your ear, it is the color of her lips. When you make love, it is the trace you want her to leave all over your body. When she places her palm over your heart, it is the color that comes to the surface as her fingertips trail like a sentence that can never be finished. When you see her in the bedroom with another, it is the color of your breath. When you smash the vase in the hall, it is the color that threatens you to abandon the shattered pieces. When you scream at the top of your lungs, it is the color that pierces the atmosphere. When she hears you, it is the color of her pulse. When you look in her eyes for the last time, it is the fading color of your heart falling to your knees. It is not the color you see when she leaves."

• No, I'm daltonian.

• It looks like grey just less depressing

• Red is like the most beautiful vibrant color ever its color of roses and it makes any car look very badass

• Do you want just the definition?

• I tried it before. And i failed. Its too hard.

• Just looks dark