20-30somethings: Do you often get mistaken for a teen?

I'm talking about people 21+. Do you get mistaken for teenagers when you go "adult" places? For example: I work as a substitute teacher at a high school and a middle school and I often get mistaken for one of the kids and instead of getting offended, I take it as a compliment. It just means that I'm thin enough and young enough to look under 18 years old lol. Do you get mistaken for a teen and do you like it?

• Yes, at times
  • No, never

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm age 30, and I was consistently mistaken as a teen until about 2 years ago. Now I get mistaken for being 20 or barely 21.

Most Helpful Girl

• Many times. I remember going to the museum earlier this year, and I'm not sure if it was a middle school or high school class, but one of the chaperones mistook me for a student. And she looked annoyed that I wasn't with the group. I told her that I'm actually an adult, just enjoying my visit to the museum. And she laughed and apologized.

It is one of those things that doesn't bother me. My friend is a bit shorter than me and she looks 13, I'm not even exaggerating, she looks no older than 14, and she gets mistaken a lot more lol

What Guys Said 10

• When I shave such as in my profile pic I've been mistaken as an older teen or younger twenties when in fact I am 28.

• I did when I was in my 20's. Now that I'm pushing 40, I get mistaken for a 25-year-old :)

• When i was 13 i was thought of as 16/17 because of me being tall.
    But even now, when im clean shaven, i look 17 or 18. With a little beard i look more my age though.

• Sometimes happens. Sure, it's amazing. hahha

• Only when I shave. If I let my facial hair grow out people know my actual age.

• When I shave, ALL the time, lol.

• Not anymore.

• They wouldn't ask me for ID even when I was still a teenager.

• Then again, they don't usually ask anyone for ID where I live.

• No .

• Well I mistake myself for a teen, I forget I'm not sometimes. Though I'm only 21, so 2 years ago I was a teen

What Girls Said 15

• OMG, seriously all of the time. I'm 30 and am ALWAYS asked to show ID at the beer and wine store. Even at work, I'm sometimes mistaken for a student. I feel like I'm not taken seriously as a professional sometimes because I look so young. But I guess it's better to look younger than older.

• Yes, I do. Sometimes people ask me if I'm over 18, which I find annoying and it seems that they don't take me seriously.
    I wish I could look my age.

• Yes, people still guess I'm 18 years old.

• Yes, I get carded all the time and I got voted "Teacher Most Likely To Be Mistaken As A Student" for the yearbook this year.

Sigh...

• Always. I'm 26 and people still think I'm under 18 or I'm 18-20 😭

• yes. very often.. it sucks. I love when I'm confused for early 20s though.

• All the damn time.

• ya i do which i why i wear clothes tht make me look my age

• I have looked over 18 since I was 12. I have never been mistaken for a teenager. I have only been carded at bars twice in my entire life.

• Yes, II'm 20 and people still think I'm an early college student

• Yeah too many times to count!

• yes, all the freaking time.

• My sister is almost 23 and gets mistaken for under 15.

She dislikes it a lot.

• no but in my teens I was always thought of older

• im 22 and like 155 cm (ish) tall and have kinda baby features... you tell me xD