Girls, if you can tell that a guy is trying to fake confidence is that a turn off?

Like he's trying to come across as a confident person but you can easily tell he really isn't. Turn off?

• Turn off
  • Not a turn off
  • Not a turn on or turn off
  • It depends (explain)
  • See results for guys

Most Helpful Girl

• i think girls are too harsh on this poll. maybe he's genuinely trying to look confident for you because he wants to impress you... sure he may not always do a good job of it, but fuck, he's trying isn't he? not everyone is born confident or finds it easy to be that way.

if i can spot that he isn't confident, i can help him find ways to be, and eventually he may reach a stage where he can truly embrace himself and be happy with who he is.

Most Helpful Guy

• If the guy is doing a bad job at faking confidence, then of course girls aren't going to dig that act.

But if the confidence is faked well, she'll dig it because she thinks it will be real.

I have seen PLENTY of dudes fake confidence and bluff the confidence well, and women dig it like it is real... and eventually their success and comfort around women will morph the act into actual confidence.

What Girls Said 19

• Hmmm, if he was comically bad, movie-level bad at it, like Aladdin pretending to be a prince bad, I would think "Why is this guy trying SOO hard?" I'm not saying I would dump him then, but I really would be considered because base confidence is vital to a healthy relationship.

So, I would have to know him and it's really a person to person thing.

:) I'm not cruel, and I know a little of what it's like to not be the most confident person, so, I would give the guy a chance to feel him out if he was good to me.

• It's not a turn-off for me. He's at least putting in some effort and really trying for me and that to me is a turn on. So many people will just not even try anymore. I personally love a person who puts in some effort. It really impresses me :)

• I'm unsure how I'd feel. I'd ask him to stop and be himself. I wouldn't want to feel like I'm making him uncomfortable that he'd had to fake his confidence. If he was shy and reserved I wouldn't mind, I just wouldn't want him to be fake around me.

• But do you also dislike a guy who isn't confident?

• I wouldn't say it's a big of a deal. If I liked him for him, him being confident or not isn't a worry with me

• Not a turn on or turn off

• No, unless he's trying too hard.
    But I appreciate the effort because you gotta fake it till you make it

• I'd prefer if he is himself

• It's cute in my opinion because at least he's trying.

• Pretty much. I feel like I'd rather have him be genuine.

• But you also like confidence right?

• I just know guys who do fake it very well and they are successful in relationships. I think faking it til you make it does work for some people

• That's cool. Maybe it does

• It can be. If he's being a dick about it. I'd rather he just be himself.

• But what if 'being himself' is someone who isn't confident? Girls don't like guys who aren't confident

• And its a turn off right? So whats a guy supposed to do?

• If he's trying and it's not obvious that he's trying then fine. I just know that some guys go overboard with trying to come off as confident.

• At least he's trying. :)

• if him trying to be confident = him acting like a douche, then that's a major turn off.

• HUUUGE turn off

• And how did you become that way?

• Yeah that's a huge turnoff

• Nothing they can do to get confident?

• Most 17 year olds just float around the world in their feelings without trying to understand why they feel what they feel and do what they do, don't let her lack of insight bother you.

We were all 17 once, too.

• I find it cute lol, I'd give him chance so long as there's other attractions.

• It can be. It's always better to be himself

• But girls also hate unconfident men, so whats a guy supposed to do?

• And how can he gain confidence? What would you suggest for him?

I know dudes who fake confidence very well and they are in successful relationships now

• Well faking it can work out sometimes. I don't mind as long as I know the kind of person he is... If he's actually trying to be act more confident, I'd prefer he admitted it rather than lie to me. Does that make sense?

Other girls might feel differently

• it depends on why he is faking confidence

• Because girls don't like guys who are not confident

• ok girls like all sorts of things but in this case most girls will find it cute

• Not really. I don't know. Fake until you make it, right? 😜

• No. If anything, it's a turn on that he's trying so hard

• It's a turn off if they're being a cocky asshole but otherwise I say when in doubt fake it out

• But if not a cocky asshole? Its not a tuen off if you can tell he's faking it?

• Nah not a turn off. There's very few people that are in fact confident with themselves. But it's better than sitting in the corner being depressed

What Guys Said 5

• I'd bet that most of 'em can tell if you're laying it on real thick.

• I can

• Confidence can't be faked; you should try and gain some instead, however you can.

Most days I am that confident guy that most women glance at and most men hate but on the days that I'm not (confident) I just go with the flow.

• But confidence can be faked very well. I know some dudes who do it

• I don't know sometimes I do that with girls and it works for me

• Probably .