Ok first off finding her a new home is not a option so get it out of your head ok my question is?

Okay so my dog is not violent she doesn't bite and she doesn't try to attack other animals or people but I would like to know is there some way to get rid of her excess energy I want to take her to the park or on a walk but I can't do that due to the fact that there is a lot of stray dogs aren't very friendly and will try to attack her trust found out the hard way so any ideas of how to get rid of her energy PS she is a nice sized dog definitely not a chihuahua her head is at my hip when she's standing and sitting?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm can you just drive her somewhere else?

• Nope I can't drive I think I will teach her to run on a treadmill

• big dogs need to run it off

• i know thy do but at least after im older and move out i plan to live in the country or at least a city with out dogs that attack us every time we walk

Most Helpful Girl

• The only way to get rid of her energy is to have her channel it. Find some way to exercise her. And teach her new tricks as well. Mental stimulation counts as exercise too.

What Guys Said 9

• I'd suggest buying a doggy treadmill. They are built and designed for dogs. Or just buy a nice sized tread mill for your dog and teacher do to properly use it. My grandma uses a treadmill to walk her two dogs now because she can't exercise them enough outside anymore.

• You can get her various toys to chew on, play tug of war with her from time to time (frequently) etc

• Do you ha e a back yard at all where you can play fetch or something?

• You must walk your dog twice a day.

• Ok did u not here me every time I try to walk her a stray dog tries to attack her

• Carry a tasier and shock any dog attacking.

• i may do that

• Hm, post an add in the paper

• Oh, nvm
      I thought you wanted to get rid of her.

• Certian dog toys and playing with her will help

• She loves her dog toys and plays with them all the time but when she has to much energy she is full of anxiety and from what people tell me when I'm gone she gets really full of anxiety

• Tug of war and other low space games.

• How about throwing a ball or frisbee?

• I do through toys for her and she loves it but she just has a lot of energy

• What about a toy to play with?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0