How to tell my girlfriend she doesn't know how to wash dishes?

So, her mom asked her to wash the dishes at their house. I was in the kitchen talking to her while she did so... it was abismal. And this isn't the first time either, I've watched her do the same thing EVERYTIME for years.. Yesterday was the last straw, i physically became sick watching her wash to the point i broke down and told her ill wash them on principle.

She doesn't wash. She turns on hot water, puts soap on the sponge and gives a simple wipe and rinse. No scrubbing, parts missed, you can still see food or residue if you look. Which she doesn't really do.

I dont want to hurt her feelings but god... so what would be the best method? Im known for being blunt and candid. I love her so i dont want to hurt her feelings :(

Most Helpful Guy

• just calmly tell her, that you have a different opinion of how dish washing should be done. realize, that peoples expectations differ and that you are not wrong about "how it is done" in the same way she isn´t wrong about it. make it about you. don´t boss her around and tell her what to do. this is how you solve it in a respectfull manner.

What Girls Said 3

• If you're known for being blunt and candid, just say it. Maybe a simple, you know that isn't actually clean? Would do. Then show her the food that's still on it. But, could she just be doing a bad job so she won't have to do it anymore? Or so you will do it for her?

• Just be honest with her without losing your temper. Her feelings might get hurt, that's part of life. She really needs to know she's failing to do something basic properly.

• Huh, she's smart... or just very lazy, or both.

What Guys Said 2

• I say go the subtle way, take over the dishes then say something like "I sure do love washing these clean dishes, I like scrubbing hard"

• Sounds to me you need a new girlfriend if she can't even wash the dishes.