Why don't some people go to their convocation ceremonies?

I truly don't get it.

You've worked hard for 4 years... what they just.. decide not to go?

Most Helpful Guy

• To me celebrating what I've done/gone through isn't important.
    People I know think it's odd; however, some people are just wired that way.
    I'd rather have a shot or two of vodka, thank God it's all over, never look back, then go on a road-trip (alone).

• Ha ha you didn't like University?

• Honestly, no.
      It seems like you enjoyed your time at your university.

• I don't know if enjoy is the correct word.

But yes, I did like going ot school and having something to do during the day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because whether you attend or not, you're still getting your degree.

I almost didn't go to mine because my family couldn't make it (they live across the country) and I just didn't see a point in going if no one was gonna be there to watch me walk the stage. But then my two roommates pushed me to go and said they'd go as my surrogate family. It was nice, but I wouldn't have felt like I was missing out on much if I did end up skipping it.

What Guys Said 2

• Some people are busy.

• because the drive is long and boring and the people are all fugs I've seen for 4 years anyway

What Girls Said 2

• i didn't want to go because of all the expense. paying for the cap and gown, then paying for a dress to wear underneath it, then making sure everyone could go on that day, having them pay for parking, etc. also... it's just... sucky to be in that cap and gown in the summer. i don't need that ceremony to know what i achieved.

• Not something I find interesting unless my close friend is there but then again we would both rather go to a small restaurant or some place else.