I want to move out in the next couple of years, but I don't know where to start. Any advice on moving out?

What Guys Said 2

• It's great this is something your thinking about now, but want to be done in the short/long term future, time is on your side here. Like what Pac Man said, you have to consider where you want to live (close to school, work, family, friends, or etc.) and compare that to what you can afford. Obviously your earnings can change from now to 2018 or beyond but try to determine how much rent you'd be willing/able to pay. Start putting money away now for a future deposit on a place and some, or at least most places where I live, also require first months rent along with a deposit. You also may have to consider credit. Try to start building some good credit history now if you haven't already. And lastly be patient and flexible. This is a big deal in a good way because it's your own place and that's great! But at the same time bills, food, and rent can be expensive so start budgeting now (only saying that if you haven't started, if you have ignore this part) and get use to it so once your on your own it's second nature. And also, be flexible in balancing where you want to live with what you can afford.

• First you have make sure you have the funds to feed yourself and pay rent. Then I guess you need to consider the location. If you go to school, or work, you should look for a place thats in reasonable distance. From then on you have to view properties until you find the right one for you.

What Girls Said 0