How can I stop worrying at night and get to sleep?

For the last month or so I've had problems getting to sleep and staying asleep. As soon as I lay down, I start thinking about things (it's like I can't shut my brain off). I start worrying about things and actually become quite anxious. It's getting really bad, and because of it, I'm always tired all day from getting a shitty sleep. What can I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no quick fix. Just the truth. But I recommend therapy. It's pretty common nowadays, especially with anxiety. After I started, I have no regrets. I've felt better, and I've found techniques to control the feelings. That's not to say I freak out sometimes.

One tip I've used to help me sleep is counting backwards from 300 by 3's. And taking deep breaths and thinking about what makes you happy.

Other people go the medicine route but I'm not about that.

Best of luck! And feel better :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Meditation can be a really good tool for this issue. You can find guided meditation on YouTube. One that focuses on your breathing and physical sensations through out the body are best. The idea is to start the meditation when you lay down. It will help you bring your awareness to your natural breathing rather than the racing thoughts. Slowly it will guide you through your whole body from toes to the crow of your head, again noticing the physical sensations rather than thoughts. With time and practice it can become a habit when you go to bed and the meditation will not longer be nessisary.

What Guys Said 3

• Have you tried Z-quil or meditation?

• Put absolutely no effort into recalling, to remembering, the brain's natural tendency is to forget, to relax.

• Try this exercise - Make yourself all tense and hold it for a minute or two. Then let it go and really relax yourself and don't think about anything. Switch off. It's worked for me many times and I've been out like a light asleep before I knew it

What Girls Said 0