Any advice on getting through a workday on literally zero hours of sleep?

I can't sleep right now and I have to go to work later and I could really really really use some advice on how to get through the day. Any tricks like chugging red bull ot anything like that would really help

Most Helpful Girl

• Coffee anf chocolate are your friends. What i think helps me the day after i have pulled an all-nighter is to rest a bit. I just close my eyes wherever I am (obviously sitting) and kind of drift off for 20 minutes or so every few hours. After that I feel a bit less tired and can be productive before I become insanely tired again. I do it 2-3 times until I get home in the afternoon...

Most Helpful Guy

• sugar and snaking help, caffien obviously helps. Otherwise its all about trying to get yourself to stop thinking about being tired and when you get the chance taking little naps (like on a lunch break), otherwise just try to pretend your not tired eventually adrenaline kicks in and can carry you a decent amount of the way.(I'm get insomnia frequently so I feel your pain).

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• Stay busy if you can. Have you tried 5 hour energies, there isn't a crash for me. I work 3rd shift and immediately watch a 3yr old for 6 hours.

• drink lots of coffee and try to keep moving but if you do something dangerous you should call in sick

What Guys Said 5

• Call in a sick day if your work is potentially dangerous, don't drive when you're this tired, drink coffee but don't overdo it, splash cold water in your face regularly, don't sit down the whole time, seek out cold environments/take off your jacket/sweater/lower the thermostat, take a powernap during lunch.

• Modafinil. Keep in mind this thing is used by soldiers to keep them awake for up to 3 days straight. After that you'll be like a corpse and will take time to recover.

• Don't drive home from work. You will be a danger to yourself and others

• Caffeine helps a bit but I've always found just keeping busy at work does the trick the best.

• coffee!